MAJOR RENOVATIONS TO CHANGE LAYOUTS ON OLDER BUSHTRACKERS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips On Buying SECOND HAND BUSHTRACKERS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: MAJOR RENOVATIONS TO CHANGE LAYOUTS ON OLDER BUSHTRACKERS? Reply with quote

Hello Friends,
Bushtracker is going on 15 years now, and some of these vans have been moving onto the 200,000 km mark or more with a few Owners. I am starting to get more and more requests for major renovations on the cheaper vans, and the focus is on the actual layout changes they would like.

A prospective Owner writes:
Hi,

I am going to buy a second hand BT soon and am looking at a number of them for sale. This one seems to be a reasonable buy so I would like to get some idea of the cost involved in converting the bed to a queen size please. It looks as though the toilet would need to be shifted or something.

What else apart from a thorough inspection and service should I get you to do at BT?

Cheers

To which I respond:

XXXXXXXXX,
Steven Gibbs here, Director, Bushtracker,

There are about a dozen for sale on our Forum, at www.bushtrackerownersforum.com
First of all that Forum is your single biggest and most important asset in owning a Bushtracker, and it will teach you how to run the systems... And how to run the van before you damage it...

As to your question on the renovation, it is not worth doing. The structure is set up for that layout, and a major change is not cost effective. Windows, panelling, bulkheads, drainage, plumbing, tanks and engineering underneath... My advice is get one that is close to what you want, not try and do a major renovation as it is just not cost effective. Adding windows, changing cladding and structure, panelling, moving an ensuite, you could be looking at $20,000 or more and we are solid booked for major work until May of this year. Buy one closer to what you want, and minor renovations are OK, just not a major one like this....

Kind regards, stg

Friends and Owners to be, this is good advice to all of you. Get a layout you can live with, minor alterations are OK but a major one may not be cost effective. Two single beds side by side converted to a giant king size, maybe OK, but most of the time the basic layout has to stay the way it is. Changing out structure and windows, panelling and cladding off, just flat gets too expensive. Especially adding or moving ensuites, you are better off finding one with a layout you can live with..

Kind regards, stg

Bushtracker
sales@bushtracker.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips On Buying SECOND HAND BUSHTRACKERS All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: