100 of "Cowboy's" Friends in some exciting action

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> TRAVEL LOGS AND BUSHTRACKERS IN ACTION PICTURE GALLERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: 100 of "Cowboy's" Friends in some exciting action Reply with quote

Hello fellow Bushtracker Owners,

About once a fortnight, someone enquires as to what I do with my horses that warrant travel with a Big Rig that is obviously pretty serious...

When I say Performance Cow Horses, or specifically Reining, many do not understand the concept or know what it comes from. In fact, it is going to become an Olympic Sport in the next couple of years, it was this or Cutting, but while it is the same sort of manoeuvres, it is done on one of ten complex patterns instead of requiring 500 cattle... Here is one of the many manouevres you are Judged on... A sliding stop, the Hallmark of Reining, before you roll back into a gallop in the opposite direction..

Here is a link to a short 5 minute but very exciting NRHA Video on Reining... I hope you enjoy it. After seeing this wild 5 minute intro, THEN you will understand why.. Turn up the volume, set to great music..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LII9_NpsPU4

Regards from the Mad Horseman...[/url]

Last edited by Bushtracker on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 5 times in total
BobnDi

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb animals and some great horsemanship. Doesn't matter what form your interest in horses may be, it is easy to appreciate quality like this.

Cheers
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bob and Di,

It is probably going to be too cold for me to go to the Nationals this year... End of July/August, could be sub-zero or snow in Tamworth, and I don't think I hate myself or my horses enough to subject us to that bitter cold in workouts and competion for a week...

I might end it for the year, with the results of the State Championships for Queensland where I was lucky enough to take out Reserve Champion

And God has shown Mercy, and after eight months of hard yakka I was presented with the Southern Cross Buckle for the lower Division... Best for all the Queensland Shows...

Proof there is a God.

Cheers, stg
BobnDi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know what you mean about winter at Tamworth.

Still remember towing a float with two mares heavily in foal through Guyra one August in the early 70's and having to turn the car heater off because it was so cold the engine started to run a rough. Strong wind and very high chill factor. Would even test out the heater in my BT I think.

Cheers
Darky

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon Ranger don't be a pussy!
I lived in Armidale (uphill from Tamworth) for 10 years and the days after those less than optimnum starts are just magnificent. Clear sky crisp air zero pollution.
But I no longer live 1k above sea water so I guess I also rate as a pussy! Laughing
beatit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day Ranger,

I can relate to a time when camping comforts were just a roof!

In my younger days (long time ago hahaha) I followed the Australian Bushman's Carnival (ABC if my memory serves me correct) and recall one occasion when it was my turn to sleep in the horse float in Orange. It was winter and I had an old sleeping bag - I have never since felt as cold as I did that night. Sleeping was alsmost impossibble - a hot shower before day break never felt that good.

Kind regards

Theo
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a thought,
Bob and Di, Ken, Theo, I must admit something....

I am on the mend now, pretty much fully recovered, and am now considering that I should go to the Nationals after all. I can't do less...
My situation reminds me of the song "Cowboy Up" ....That goes:

Cowboy up, dust yourself off,
Get back in the saddle for one more try,
Sweat and Blood, it takes all you got,
Cause the Road to Heaven is a Hell of a Ride...

The Tough get going, with the going gets rough,
Cause they know they got to.... Cowboy Up !!

Course, that was sung by Chris LeDoux, unfortunately now deceased,
But one of the Legends...... For all those I legends I admired, I probably will go. If my number one horse can be ready, I will have to go. Cowboy up...

Last edited by Bushtracker on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
beatit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reminded of "Saddle Tramp" by Marty Robbins. Free as the wind or so the song goes - really liked Marty and this song - great name for a BT in my mind.

Kind regards

Theo
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooopps,

All Boots and Hats.. Rolling Eyes I am in trouble and I hafta go now.... An old guy like me? Proof there is a God, for all of my hard Yakka.. Of the 11 Adult Divisions, in the Top Ten Awards, somehow I made first place in one Division and second place in another. God in his Mercy !!

Now I have to go to the Nationals. Busted flat or broke down, I am Tamworthy.

Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, I can do this Lifestyle change, to travel to the Shows a bit easier and with more Luxury, a "Reiner", and let the Mack go...

I am going to have to learn how to do this as a more comfortable Lifestyle, I am getting "TOO Old to Rough It" Confused Shocked A few have a laugh at me...
But I guess I refuse to grow up, or grow old gracefully, I am kicking and screaming the whole way Laughing Laughing

Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, gotta be crazy to do this.... -1 in the news, but in the AELEC Arena here in Tamworth, it is -4 degrees when I am training horses at 2-4 in the morning to get into the arena with less of a crowd ... Shocked

HAFTA BE crazy.. Right now,7:30 AM, and out the window I can still see a patch of frost. This is hard Yakka to us banana benders.... Laughing Laughing Laughing I had a Trainer nearly get bucked off my Filly last night, not that there was anything wrong with her, just the shock of the extreme cold, un-rug and saddled up shock and she got ! It was soooo cold, he did not want to get on the young Stallion and we left him in the stables. These are two horses yet to be proven in competition, and a Trainer is helping me decide on their future. It is a challenge! But I guess everything big, worth doing, is probably a bit of a Challenge.... Rolling Eyes

If you get the chance, the AELEC (Australian Equine and Livestock Exibition Centre) in Tamworth is worth going and having a look. There will always be some major horse or cattle event going on here, most weeks of the year. Around the Country Music Festival here in Tamworth, it would be chocker blocked with Cutting or similar events. This is just the Sale Yard part of the Exibition centre, we use as a warm up pen in bad weather...

If you are in Tamworth, this is part of the experience worth checking out, possibly for Cutting or some other equine event at the Music Festival. It has a bar upstairs, restaurant, seats at least a thousand... It really legitamizes the "Country" part of the Country Music Festival...

Regards, stg
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Daughters have received (last night) High Point awards for the 2007-2008 years. The American NRHA have sponsored some excellent awards for the Youth Program...

This was the effect in the 2007 Nationals where they won four Divisions, Buckles and all:

And now they have been awarded the NRHA High Points Awards for Champion Youth, and Reserve Champion, for my two Daughters:

I don't think I will ever match their awards... Ha! Rolling Eyes
Good to see Children in such a heathy endeavor...

Hope I am not boring you with my part of the Bushtracker Lifestyle.
Regards from the Cowboy at Bushtracker..

Last edited by Bushtracker on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
hoppingaround

State:: VICTORIA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Kids Reply with quote

Isn't parenthood great.
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lone Ranger BOMBED OUT at the Nationals... Exclamation

I just could not Focus..Duh, lone Ranger Bombed out.... I think I am just spread toooo thin. In reality it takes 3 of me to run my Life, one for the Property and the RDA, one for Bushtracker, and one for the Horses and NRHA State and Nationals. I just cannot Focus like I need to Win. On one Division, I would have won against the Professionals, in the Limited Open, but I just could not focus and made a stupid error and did not run down far enough past the markers on one manuevre... Embarassed Sad Four point penalty, cost me the Gold and Silver Buckle for the Continental Division.. Confused That kind of thing.. Oh well, it is enough to be part of the Nationals, and I am grateful for that... Wink

Anyway, I only won half of one Division, and took Reserve Champion on the other Continental Affiliate part that had the Buckle... Sad Oh well, there is always next year.

All I got was a Champion Jacket and some saddle blanket medalions...
I won the Reining Australia part, and took second in the International part, and bombed out of the rest... Rolling Eyes

No gold and silver for the lone Ranger at this years Nationals, I bombed...
But my Daughter won Third, and First in the Team Event and got $850 US in Scholarships !!! (And another really great gold and silver Buckle)
Embarassed On my horse too... Embarassed Embarassed
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends, some of you ask about how I am going with the horses. Some of you because you are "Horse People" and some of you out of curiosity and interest... Some ask because the Rig is serious enough to make you think my Competition must be pretty serious.. Wink Well, here are the latest results:

This weekend was the End of Year QRHA (Queensland Reining Horse Association) Show. The end of the year of Competition in Queensland, and the High Points results awarded at a dinner...

It was the trial run for my Gooseneck, while not finished it was functional. I have rebuilt the entire Gooseneck, Air Bag over suspension, raised up chassis 150mm for clearances, and rebuilt the entire gooseneck structure taking 350mm out of the bed area for clearances over the Silverado for off road work.

You need these clearance MINIMUM, and still it will go only limited areas off road. I would have built one for myself from scratch, but we are about 3 weeks behind right now and Booking May-June Deliveries, and I really just do not want to inconveniece you prospective Owners by taking that time... Hence I have just had to make do for now, by rebuilding an existing one and improving it to some minimum standards..... I really need the time to build a full off road version for myself, but I do not want to take that BITE out of the schedule, as I can make do with this. If I can expand into other facilities, I will make the time for myself, but for now it is all about you and your needs..

Anyway, I am all just Boots and Hats. Really, too old to be Competing on a State and National level... Poor, shocking results, for the lone Ranger... Embarassed Embarassed .........

not really....

Actually, out of five Divisions I entered, all Boots and Hats lone Ranger got three First Places, and two Second Places...
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Then, they must have just felt sorry for me, as I was awarded High Points for 2009, for Queensland, in two Divisions, awards of good leather Bridles,.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now, I probably will not Post any more results when the Season starts up next year. I will no doubt be knocked, as it would look like a skite... Confused But in all fainess, I have done the hard yards of blood, sweat, and tears... Over the years... And in truth I have earned the "Bragging Rights".... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Darky

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Old Blokles Reply with quote

Great stuff! Passion & dedication always wins!!!! Laughing
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Darky,

Many years ago, I thought "Bushtracker" suited tracking people or animals in the Bush on horseback.... I have often thought of joining the SES to help find missing persons lost in the Bush. Horses can go some rough terrain, and you have that higher up view of things..

But for now, I am a weekend Warrior only... Laughing And one of the big thrills is that 0-60 in reverse in the big sliding stop. One of about 9 manuevres you do several times over in a complex pattern, one of ten patterns, all different.. But this is a real thrill...

Ugly Dude, but what a swell horse Playboy is...!!
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: A look to the Future for Bushtracker, staying in the Saddle Reply with quote

A new Baby for the lone Ranger, first pictures below, and a new definition for "Optimism"...

Besides my two big horses for next year, veterans...
Here is my Futurity Horse for 2010, and I am in Training on him now: A Gunner Baby, "Gunner's Davinci Code"

And here are my Futurity Horses for the NRHA in 2012, a matched pair of Hollywood Custom Colts.

Now here is the BEST OF THE LOT!!!
I am Blessed. I have two of the top Bloodlines in the NRHA crossed, A Hollywood Custom X Whizzel a Melody Filly "CL Schwizzel Stick"....

He was born 24 hours ago, and is already smart and moving around with protective mom... He is a Colt, the first "Hollywood Whizz" Colt in Australia!

This will keep me going!! This is my Futurity Horse for 2014, when most people are retired and taking it easy!!!

No worries, I have already retired twice in my life before Bushtracker...
Why quit now... Rolling Eyes

I already have plans to be travelling interstate in 2014, and then 2015 for the Derby years, and 2016 for the second Derby year... still..

THAT IS A NEW DEFINITION OF OPTIMISM
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2010, March, and the Season is on.... A note for those following my NRHA Horse Events...

Maybe old "Boots and Hats" is not just a half a Horseman anymore. I am recooperating from shocking events at yesterdays Show in Caboolture: I was in the saddle eight hours (long day of hour long warmups and preparation) and entered in three Events and won all three.. A perfect score is 70, high scores were running about 66-68 and I won two events with a score of 66 1/2 and 67. You can only get more than 70 by a few points possible for demonstration of doing it with "Great Difficulty" which means speed and exactness, or speed and long sliding stops before the Roll Back. I ran a 71 1/2 on the last Event, High Points for the Show, a real Show Stopper, and the highest score of my Life.

I guess maybe I am three quarters of a Horseman now... I am not as good as the National Champions but if I can reproduce what I did yesterday I will join their Ranks. 71 1/2 points.. As old as I am? More than just me are in Shock Shocked With God's Mercy, I can do it again, I will move up in the Non Pro Rankings for Australia. That would be fun. Here is how the Champions look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LII9_NpsPU4

Meanwhile, Life and Limb at stake, and here are my huge rewards for a 12 hour day that began at 3:30 with 8 hard hours in the saddle: All I got was three $2 First Place Ribbons and the bragging rights.. That would not even get me a cup of coffee downtown.

Smart investment right? Huh? Yea, call me Swifty...
Laughing

Last edited by Bushtracker on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
surfy53

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done dude. Blue is the colour to win and I have no doubt there is more in the "old fella" yet.
All the experience is now coming to the forefront.
Keep it up.
C.
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of you ask me now and then how my little Paint is doing... He will be making his debut as a three year old in the NRHA State Championships and the Nationals in the Non Pro Futurity... Just a Baby at three, we won't push him too hard, as I could be raising up a National Champion here in his 4,5, 6 Derby years...

Here is a photo of him in near ideal perfect form, sliding to a stop in perfection of poise. He is in such beautiful form, that the Ugly Dude on his back does not even take away from the picture...

WOW, if you know NRHA Reining, this is a pose in his sliding stop that EVERYONE is going to stand up and Cheer for!!!

It is in his blood, the ability, not the training as that is a myth, but the ability is in his Blood Line of Gunner...

Me? I am recuperating... I had a TRAIN WRECK with two horses. I was on a bad horse, that shys stupid, leading my good horse a big Bay into the arena. First of all that is stupid, I should have been on my good horse and leading the damn Dunnit horse and that is MY FAULT. Mad Twisted Evil

But then at the last second, the Gate Keeper Lady handed up a fist of ribbons "Can you please take these to the Judge" and before I thought about it I shifted reins to my right hand and grabbed the ribbons with the left. A gust of wind and the ribbons blew in the face of the bad horse....... They both went beyond stupid and I don't remember the train wreck as I got knock clean out.

Five hours in the hospital, and I am finally walking out. Ten days later, I have a separation in my left shoulder that is a lump, a horse trod on my calf for a lump, beautiful blue and green and yellow colours on my hip where my phone sets, I am still a bit froggy headed, and I have a cracked rib under my left shoulderblade.... Other than that I am right as rain! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh well, you live big, sometimes you hit the ground big... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It is back to that Chris LeDoux Song:

For those that inquire, this is just the update on the continuing missed Adventures of the lone Ranger... Right now doing it tough.. Rolling Eyes Confused
hoppingaround

State:: VICTORIA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're at least doing it .Speedy recovery
surfy53

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it easy mate, we need you ship shape and fit.
C.
Razz
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
Here it is already, 2010 State Championships....

I am running Train Wrecks, my Horse is too Show Smart and acts up, Schooling him runs train wrecks, this year I am looking old and uncoordinated (usual)... I may have to wait until Gunner is ready next year... patience.. patience... Serves me right actuallly, competing against people 30 years younger. Laughing Oh well, I am an unco old clod some times, but: One of my Daughters, Jewel Eve, just won State Champion Youth, and the gold and silver buckle... Championship Presentation pictures coming.... But here is the Buckle, about 110 mm long, covers your hand.

It is particularly amazing as Jewel has been out of major Competition for about 2 years, and the Mare "CL Schwizzle Stick" is only 5 weeks off her Foal "A Hollywood Whiz" foaled beginning of December and now back in training only 5 weeks and She wins the State Youth Championships.. My reward is seeing the smiles...
Wink

If I can't win myself, this is the next best thing. Thought I would pass this on, I get asked all the time about the horses..

lone Ranger
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

My F-450 sure does get a lot of admirers, parked in front of Bushtracker...
Let me make it abundantly clear, you sure do not need a DRW Long Bed F-450 in front of a Bushtracker, that is a stretch... It takes a load like this to justify having this little "Kenworth" F-450 King Ranch...

In all fairness, this is too much truck to put before a Bushtracker... It really is a little Big Rig, and this is what it looks like at night running Interstate... This IS a Baby Prime Mover.... I would not suggest it for you Bushtracker Owners... Put it into perspective at night, and it even looks like a little Mack...

To give you and idea of how big this double deck GooseNeck is... Here is a peek inside the lone Rangers lair, Double Decker, bus style sized storage bays below:

To give you the perspective of why my F-450: Here inside the horse bay, (cleaned up Daughters bedroom) walk in shower and walk in loo other side, then looking forward to my bedroom, Queen, storage under, that is 31' to the front in this picture plus cargo bays underneath:

Up front, my bedroom, and in the back the converted Girls bedroom that I think I will panel and add a second air conditioning unit to....

Above shown, the Gateway Wireless I am speaking to you on, antennae on the Winegaurd and plugged into the Aux 3G ant site... Right picture, 17 y.o. Girls room, normal wreck... Laughing

In all fairness THIS is the WHY of the F-450 you see parked out in front of Bushtracker, it has a little Prime Mover job. It is over the top for most Bushtracker Owners, and a Fifth Wheel Rig like this cannot go far off road..... You don't need a Rig like this unless you want to take a couple ton of horses and tack along.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

However, while you may not need one as big as mine, make sure you stay within your GVM and GCM. Something like a Single Rear Wheel (SRW) Silverado has no hope of carrying this load, you do need a SRW F-350 Ford, or if you want a Silverado you better go a Dually (DRW). This is a Full Import, Harley Davidson, F-350 SRW that left today with a new Bushtracker.. So, maybe you do need a Super Duty Ford, if you want to load it up with TWO 4x4 quad bikes and boat on top, tool boxes under, outboard, two spares, and the works like this:

Look Friends, there are a variety of Topics on this. I am only showing you circumstances where a truck like mine makes sense in this application... This IS NOT the norm for most Bushtracker Owners. My truck towing 31 feet on air brakes with two tons of horses on board, or this person with all the toys and TWO 4x4 Quad bikes as well? We are only a few that WANT IT ALL with us... Laughing Laughing

Kind regards to all, on the road with the Ranger....
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Gold and Silver buckles for the Cowboy in 2010. But I did get "High Points" in "Prime Time Non-Pro" for Australia at the Nationals this year. At the Hall of Fame dinner in Tamworth the little trophy was presented to me...

No big deal, just to let you know I am not all boots and hats... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Some mention of it has been made in my Office, but it does not matter much and really it and $4 will only get me a cuppa coffee downtown... Laughing Laughing Laughing Kind regards, Cowboy
UncleDodgy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaarn, git orf with yu.
You love doin it donchu.
Good on you mate, and keep up the good work with the RDA too.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you, your staff and family, and all those out there in BTL (Bushtracker Land)
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Uncle Dodgy,

It is not such a bad thing, you have to do something with Life that keeps you going and fit...

But I must admit, sometimes I think I am not too smart... Rolling Eyes About $400 in Entry Fees stabling and camping fees for Horsefloat, maybe $250 in fuel and truck expenses, and what do I get for it? Two 2nd Place winnings, one in Prime Time Non-Pro, one was actually a bit impressive 2nd in the Intermediate Open with all the Trainers competing, a Fourth, and a Sixth place, and what do I get besides the bragging rights for 6 days work and $650????? Here you go:

I did not win anything but these $4 Rossettes.. Laughing The best I did was in the Intermediate Open, the Professionals Class was won by a Trainer Sue Franks with a 70 score, and I tied three ways with a 69 1/2 Points with two other Professional Trainers...

I got lucky, the Lord Blessed me with a little boost,
But I am still only about "Half a Horseman".....

Regards, Cowboy,
UncleDodgy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve
Good to hear of your wins.
Congratulations on achieving the awards that you did. Very Happy
On the costs note, Rolling Eyes if you didn't enjoy doing it you wouldn't do it hey. Very Happy
It is not good to be fully engrossed in work all the time. All work and no play etc. etc.
Cheers
John
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the pressure is on me now...

I have just been Blessed to get "Bamba Lamb", Winner of all Non-Pro Futurities in Australia last year, all the way to the Nationals...

Every Judge in Australia would know of Her, as well as most NRHA Riders and Breeders. Everyong will sit up and take notice, so the PRESSURE is on me. I am a bit old for this, but what the hay, I will give it heck for all I am able. She is a good looking Filly, and should propel me to representing Queensland at the Nationals... Thought you horse Lovers might like a peek at what this old Cowboy is up to... You know the saying: "You are only as old as the Filly you feel ( ride )" heh he Laughing Laughing

Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, getting old, but refusing to quit... Not all boots and hats, still kicking.

Second oldest Competitor (the other was not really a competitor) in the Slide and Spin Show in Gatton I was at from the 27th thru the 1st of April. 6 days of extreme Horsework, 12 hours a day... Gotta be crazy! Shocked
That is hard Yakka, sort of a Horsemans Boot Camp of hard work...

Getting old but still hard at it, in five of six events I did not do well but still made the Lineup with 5th or 6th Places in the Show.. In the Limit Non-Pro and the Limited Open, it was 6th out of 31 or 32 Riders.. That was a bit dissappointing but I guess respectable...

A bit depressed over such an effort, then Officers for Reining Australia presented me with a High Points plaque for 2011 that lifted my spirits...

Then on pack up day on April Fools day (appropriate for me) The President of the S.Q.R.H.A. (Southeast Queensland Reining Horse Association) presented a High Points Horse Embroidered Rug to me for 2011...

So, getting old, over 60 is getting scary, but I did not go home with just 5- 5th and 6th place ribbons barely making the Lineup... That lifted my Spirits for the 3 hour run home and the 3 hours of cleanup and taking care of my two Competition horses, wash up, worming, manes and tails, rugging up...

I am not going to quit... ! Or Retire for that matter... Wink

Last edited by Bushtracker on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
aubs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on ya mate, Wink

Nothing wrong with getting old we all do it. Some like yourself just wont lay down and die.

Congratulations
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a man needs a ute... So I could not bring myself to put a flat bed tray on the beautiful F-450, and I wanted engine drive air brakes, and, and, and...

I am also thinking of the potential larger towing jobs for W.A. and we are getting requests for the Pop-Top tray back model of our single suspension pop-top. All of that is a little hard to do with my F-450.. Confused

So if you see this running down the road, you will know it is me, da Road Ranger. It is actually a 4x4 MAN off-roader, with a 12 speed Road Ranger style transmission. While it does have a clutch, it is air servo double clutch like a crash box Road Ranger, and auto shifting. I can run either full auto, or manually select on the steering column.. Auto Road Ranger...heh he...

Right now it is nearly a perfect fit to my oversized cargo bays below, Goose Neck horse float. It may get a pop-top motorhome body for next years Shows. But anyway, if you see this (overkill) tow vehicle, yup, dats da Road Ranger.. heh he
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
2012 Pacific Coast Reining Horse Championships are over...
I was there with my little pack of wolves... And three horses.. A hard week of work, everyone laughs at me...
Even the wolf pups are laughing and think I must be crazy. Laughing Laughing

Anyway, Monday to late Sunday night out west with the Big Rig,

Seven days of hard yakka, but God is merciful, and I won this:
Only a lower division Non Pro buckle, but it is the nicest one I have won..

I am living it as much as possible, and is a bit big to wear, but:
"Old boots and hats bled so much to get it I am going to wear it anyways"... Laughing

Minor Division Buckle, barely on the map.. Still only "Half a Horseman" but getting closer... Cowboy
Now I am going home, early day, catch up on sleep.. Rolling Eyes
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

Well, on the first day of the Queensland State NRHA Reining Horse Championships, last Wednesday, I had a trainwreck... I took a young large Filly, and struggling to gather her up as she panicked in the Showpen, I flipped her over on her back... She is fine, but I am busted up, ribs, hip, as I cleared the saddle as she went over, but whipped I hit hard on my side.. Confused Mad Never mind, Cowboy up, I will be back in the saddle in about ten days... Wink

Anyway, God punished me for my youthful arrogance, but I was absolutely Blessed on the last day. Saturday night, the little fellow I Bred and Raised, in Professional hands trained, Shaun Saunders rode him to the Queensland State Futurity as Champion on Saturday night about 7 pm... VICTORY!

WOOO HOOOOOO! It is only a few thousand in prize money, but I get the BRAGGING RIGHTS... Laughing Laughing Laughing He looked so good he is definitely a Contender for the National Futurity in September... He is TAMWORTHY.. Exclamation

Champions Row pictures coming, here he was as a young colt:

The Tough get going, with the going gets rough,
Cause they know they got to.... Cowboy Up !!

Here is a cool Buckle, I can't wear it, as I did not ride him... A Pro, Shaun Saunders, rode "A Hollywood Whiz" my young horse I bred to VICTORY..

He gets the buckle and a percentage of the money, I get the bragging rights.. Laughing Laughing
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Queensland State Championships were a bit of BOMB OUT...
On the first day of the four day competion, my young filly freaked out and panicked under pressure. The Lord punished me for my Youthful Arrogance, and I grabbed a hold of her too much and She freaked out and I ended up flipping her over on her back... Luckily I was the only one hurt, she got up and was standing there look sheepishly apologetic Laughing

Anyway, i bailed out but got slammed to the ground, broke ribs, now third week recovering, with bad sleeping time.. Rolling Eyes Then on the last day the Lord rewarded me for my perseverance AND: Little horse I bred, raised, put in Professional training, won the Queensland State Championships... We are going to Tamworth for the Nationals...

ya gotta love this little fellow.....

Here from this two years ago...

Cowboy...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> TRAVEL LOGS AND BUSHTRACKERS IN ACTION PICTURE GALLERY All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: