INTRODUCING THE NEW 2012 BUSHTRACKER LITE SC (STEEL CHASSIS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> What SIZE OR TYPE OF BUSHTRACKER?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: INTRODUCING THE NEW 2012 BUSHTRACKER LITE SC (STEEL CHASSIS) Reply with quote

18 foot Bushtracker Lite SC (Steel chassis) off-road caravan
We are now offering the new 2012 Bushtracker Lite SC. Unlike the Hybrid Lite, that has more equipment and a lightened high tensile alloy chassis: This new 2012 Bushtracker SC, is a more rugged steel chassis model, with less equipment and a more affordable entry level to the Bushtracker Lifestyle…

Including all of our standard inclusions (click link) plus the following options:

Full ensuite (separate shower & toilet)
2 x 90L water tanks (180L capacity)
Dometic 175L RM4605 AES series absorbtion 2 door fridge / freezer (12V / 240V / Gas) (tropical rated)
Aussie Traveller Coolabah awning
Provision for air conditioning
1 x 135W Kyocera solar panel
1 x GRT AGM maintenance free battery
40AMP solar regulator with battery monitor readout
Switchmode battery charger
50AMP anderson plug at A-frame
2 x Extra large cargo doors
300mm extended drawbar
12" commercial brakes
Timber chopping board insert for sink

Specifications:

Length (caravan) 18 feet (5.49 M)
Length (overall) 25 feet (7.62 M)
Width 8 feet (2.4 M)
Height 9 feet 8 inches (2.95 M)
Tare weight 2,150 kg (approx)

Layout:

Internal photos of typical 18 foot layout, full custom layouts are available:

Interior looking back

Island bed

Under bed storage

Kitchen

Kitchen bench (with sink chopping board insert)

L shape dining

Pot drawer under seat

Rear ensuite (separate shower & toilet)

Shower recess (one piece fibreglass moulded)

Toilet

Vanity (showing side storage)
David3Cats

State:: NSW
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: 18' HYBRID Steel chassis Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

Virgin newbie just researching caravan options, and I'm now thinking I need look no further than Bushtracker...

With a turbo-diesel multi-valve 80 Series 'Cruiser tow vehicle (pre 9/96 towing weight upgrade though Sad ), a 250kg max towball weight and a chronic dislike for combo shower/toilet units, am I limited to this caravan size option in 2015?

What is the impact on off-road capability with the non-high tensile steel chassis, if any?

As you can see, tare and ATM weights will be my enemy here with the current tow vehicle, and whilst I LOVE the quality and finish of the interior cabinetry work, would this not carry a significant tare weight penalty?

I intend to visit the factory ASAP, where no doubt I will be even more impressed with what I will see, and I look forward to discussing these and other options to lighten the tare.

Thankyou, David
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello David,

It is only a power issue... If you had a Twin Turbo V-8 200 series, then we would talk you out of the Hybrid Lite. You would have the power to break something, when we built it exclusively for the lighter powered vehicles...

OK with that? Kind regards... Steven Gibbs, Director
David3Cats

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Hybrid Lite SC Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Yes, I understand the issue. Your statement that 'If you had a twin turbo V8 200 Series...' may be prophetic. Test drove a 2012 Sahara V8 200 Series yesterday and was impressed by everything Very Happy except for their trade-in offer Rolling Eyes . So if you know a Toyota dealer in your area that gives realistic trade-in valuations with a view to making a sale, please let me know!

Once we sort out the tow vehicle issues, I will have a better idea of where I'm headed in discussions with you about vans...

Cheers,
David
Steve157

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, I note this post was created in 2012. Has there been many changes to this van in the past 3 years ?. I unfortunately have a Prado tow vehicle. Thanks Steve
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

You say "This Van"...... Yes changes? There have been HUNDREDS of vans and HUNDREDS of changes since 2012. There is no "This Van" as each one is an individual creation, we are full Custom Builders. This van is only sample of a style and sample of a size...

As to your Prado, yes it is limiting, but we have variety of van styles and sizes that will suit your lower towing capacity from about 15' up to 17-18' even Hybrid Lite. What I suggest is you come here for a visit, sit in different sizes and see what suits you.

Mind you, your Prado does limit your choices, and you are likely to keep the Bushtracker far longer than the Prado. You might also consider upgrading your tow vehicle. Of course I mean with a higher capacity tow vehicle as they get better fuel economy in bigger diesels and are safer; but there is another alternative. If you are somehow locked in to the one you have and it is a GX or GXL or Altitude model, there is a company in NSW that will upgrade the tow capacity to 3000 kg. That is probably the smartest way to go. However, if you are NOT locked into that Prado, there are bigger diesels that will get far better fuel economy when towing.

Maybe that smaller size of Bushtracker will suit you. Possibly the best course of action is to come for the visit here and sit in a few sizes of vans, and decide what size really suits you and your travel plans.

A visit here will also cement in your mind why we are Number One and why a half dozen other Companies copy our style and try and look like us. Unfortunately they are only half the product and we are still the best value for money, even though close to being the most expensive. They claim to be as good, but are waaaay over priced, saving $10k or $20k but their products are only about half our quality. Look at some of them with construction joints of walls and roofs and windows put in with disposable foam tape, built on stapled wood frames, they may look like us in style but are almost built with dry rot in them in my Engineering opinion... A trip here will show you the 50 areas we exceed them from the stronger suspension, to the dove-tailing on the solid wood drawers, and the rest.. There IS NO real competition for a Bushtracker, we really ARE the best value for money...

Kind regards, and "In Your Best Interests" as I am known to say....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> What SIZE OR TYPE OF BUSHTRACKER? All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: