MOST COMMON SIZE RANGE Updated 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> What SIZE OR TYPE OF BUSHTRACKER?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: MOST COMMON SIZE RANGE Updated 2015 Reply with quote

Overall I would have to say the most common size is 20'... And the range would be 19' to 21'. Credibility? This is also true for Second Bushtracker Owners that come back for a second and for some third Bushtracker. Most are in that range, usually 20-21'.

Why do they come back for another? Reasons vary, higher Technology, new features, change of living conditions or layout, but the predominant issue is three things: Size....... Size...... and Size.. Cool

Some tried it a bit tentatively and have fallen in love with the Lifestyle but just want a little more room and storage. Since we started counting in the past three of our eleven years, 51 have come back for another van (current 8/2007).... And without a doubt the predominant issue is size, and I would say most settle in that 19'-21' range. Sure there new Owners that are happy in a smaller van, and just as many that go for a larger van than that. But the overwhelming Majority are in that range of 19' to 21' for many reasons but Lifestyle is in general... It..

Judging from the ones outside of that range, if you are a minimalist, maybe smaller will do.. If you are a vast range Traveller on a mission, running up to fish, or prospect, or some other activity then smaller is faster. And on the larger scale, say over 21', is the category of people that want more extreme luxury, or it is Home, or they are going to work out of it and when they move they don't care if it takes a few more hours to get there if they have luxury and Lifestyle when they arrive. Some might move from Station to Station Teaching or managing things, and a larger van is appealing for the luxury it provides.. Some can just afford to go large and larger Tow Vehicle and want the extra Luxury because they can.

The point is horses for courses, but in general the overwhelming majority settle in that 19-21' range of Bushtracker.

You? It does not matter, you get three months of Coaching on your layout, to get the best results for you... Why do we invest that amount of time? Well, our Customers travel further, longer, and happier and that sells us more vans. Take your best guess, and you can adjust it as you go along in that first couple of months, up or down to suit as you develop your plan. Wink

UPDATE 3/1/2008 The count is now 62 that have come back for second vans...

Regards, Ranger

Last edited by Bushtracker on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:47 am; edited 4 times in total
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 29 Oct... What? Where has the year gone!!

59 Owners now have come back for a Second Bushtracker.... Since we started counting about three years ago of our 11 years running... And the target size when they do come back for second one, is that "sweet spot" of 19'-21', definitely our most popular size range for what people stick with long term...

Update 3/1/ 2008 now 62 Owners have come back for a second van since we started counting about three years ago. Bushtracker, since 1996.... We are copied, but only in style... And if you look how the others are built, you will buy a Bushtracker...

Best regards, stg

Last edited by Bushtracker on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four years of travel in my 20' and from talking with maybe close to 100 other owners my 20' is the most common size and seems I hit it right the first go. Some that were smaller wanted to go larger and from what I read here about 60 have done the big switch.

I guess I got lucky the first time with my 20'. All I would change is maybe more power and a few newer toys but the size is right. I will stick with this one for now.

Wanderer
Bandicoot

State:: Qld
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanderer
Our BT is due for delivery in June 08, and we are off to Maroochydore next week to finalise the layout etc. We are locked into a 20 ft van, which seems to be a good size. We only want the van to be set up for my wife and me, not for our 5 kids, most of whom have either left home or are old enough to fend for themselves. Hence only a queen or double bed and no other bunks. But I do want a home office of sorts in the van. Any final suggestions before we lock in to exact layout, power, etc?
Bandicoot
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are ya Mate,
In my travels the rear bench counter cabinets seem to be very popular. I think it might be a nice desk sort of area with a cutout for your feet. One person had a fold out drawer keyboard for a computer and did some kind of work there with cutout and swivel chair. Might work.. i have a pantry on the right by the door and countertop over cabinets in the back handy place.

Regards Wanderer
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 2/2009

The above sizing is still true and current. 19' to 21' is the most common category. And 67 have now come back for a second Bushtracker.

Update 25/8/2009
72 have now come back for a second Bushtracker..... Wink
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 6/11/09, 75 have come back for a second Bushtracker, and the 76th, 77th, 78th, and 79th have indicated they are coming...

Another "Guideline" on size for you....
When I say most go for 19-21', this is the most common size for New Owners, or Second Time Bushtracker Owners..

This Owner is not a computer person, but has given us the pictures of his Bushtracker, 12 years and his Log of over 200,000 kilometres... Now sold.

12 years, over 200,000 kilometres, and they are coming back and have Ordered a second Bushtracker... This one is 16'. The second Bushtracker they have Ordered is 20'...

It is good feeling to have such a Legacy "On the Road"... Quality pays of in many ways, and we continue to innovate, improve, and build the highest quality possible.

Go visit the rest, then come see the best: A Factory Tour will tell all for you...

Last edited by Bushtracker on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of January 2010,

Now 77 Owners have come back for a second Bushtracker. For many reasons, upgraded technology, newer layouts and designs, upgrades in style, but most of they time come back for a little larger Bushtracker van... This is probably natural as the tow vehicles have been improving over the 15 years of Bushtracker...

Four more have indicated they are coming for a new one.. But here is a new First Time: About a dozen have come back for a third Bushtracker, but they all started with second hand ones to test the water. This is a First, a second time Bushtracker owner has indicated he is coming back for a third... A third New Bushtracker !! 16' was his first. He came back for a second new Bushtracker, an 18'. Now he is indicating about 20'... About 9 or 10 years of the Bushtracker experience for him, and he is coming back for a third one... Cool, very Cool... Cool
Joshua
Site Admin

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

November 2015

Over 130 customers have come back for a second new Bushtracker Caravan. Laughing
sklavell

State:: NSW
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: New Bushtracker Reply with quote

Hi All

Just back from the camel race circuit in our off road hybrid van and saw a lot of BTs and keen on buying one. We have a 16 ft van now but wondered about 18 to 20 ft. The tug is a 2016 VX LC200. Loved the 16 BT we saw but maybe the 18 to 20 is better value. Just the 2 of us and we can't go away for extended trips yet due to work commitments.

Any ideas would be great . Thanks

Steve and Lyd
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve and Lyd,
Steven Gibbs here on Holiday in the Whitsundays, Director, Bushtracker...

I do not like to discuss individual business and plans on this Forum, as it would hopelessly BOG it down. Usually personal planning and general design should go to sales@bushtracker.com. ....However, your question's answer will benefit the many, and is a great opportunity to update this with the current conditions so thank you for putting it here, OK?

About a 140 Owners to date, have come back for a second new Bushtracker since we started counting. Well over 250 have come for new after owning second hand Bushtrackers, but we have lost count of them.. The most common factor is our new innovations in layout and equipment and style and finish, but also size. In size, over the years, 16' has been a dominant factor for second new Bushtrackers, I mean the far majority of people do not seem to stick with 16' long term. The exception is a few extreme gold fossicker sorts, I mean 16' because they are going to hog it up rock climbing a fossilize creek bed, diff-locks engaged rock climbing, in search of the mother load where no others have been. That and a few extreme minimalists with handicapped tow vehicles, but those that have stayed with the smaller Bushtrackers in 16' or so, long term, you could count them all on your fingers. The rest have all either quit travelling because it was not the full Bushtracker Lifestyle, or the majority have come back for a larger Bushtracker OK?

The size people tend to stick with long term is still the 19'-20' Bushtracker. Minimalists that want to stay as small as possible go for 19', but the 20' is a more luxurious Lifestyle. IMO neither they nor their tow vehicle would tell the difference in real life, and $2500 difference would soon be forgotten for the larger luxury and storage. I would say the most common, most successful size is still 20', and the Landcruiser 200 Series still the most common tow vehicle by far..

I think you are on track, for quality of Life long term. I invite you to pay a visit to the Factory to sit in the sizes and catch up with our latest innovations in style and comfort and finish and equipment. We continue to march on the edge of innovation with improvements in all.. Please call for an appointment so we can reserve the time for you..

Kind regards, stg
niknoff

State:: WA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve & Lyd,

Just add our experiences. We bought our 19' BT new in 2007, we have lived and travelled with it for six years full time and now use it for a few months a couple of times a year. Ours has the yacht bed and we love it for it's space savings plus having the three windows open directly at each side and front of the van. Having the yacht bed gives us a lay out size of a 21' van. The full ensuite vans are popular but we are very happy with our combined toilet shower, to us it seems a waste of space to have so much bathroom and very little bench space whereas we have heaps and a big U shape lounge to lay on.

No intentions of ever selling it, we update it as things are needed and after 10 years it still presents as good as the day we took delivery.
07' 19' BushTracker
2015 VX 200, 3800kg GVM Upgrade
sklavell

State:: NSW
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Steve
Will be getting in touch soon. I have had a chat with Andrew the other day so I'm keen.

Cheers

Steve and Lyd Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> What SIZE OR TYPE OF BUSHTRACKER? All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: