2016 SAMPLES OF OUR LATEST INNOVATIONS... MORE COMING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT SELECTION FOR NEW VANS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: 2016 SAMPLES OF OUR LATEST INNOVATIONS... MORE COMING Reply with quote

Here is the latest upgrade to the Lithium system:

We have now progressed to powder coated alloy boxes, here shown in the long format with 200 and 300 AH battery sizes. In addition we are going with an externalized BMS and all cells will be equalized with a new system for easy maintenance.. This new system is called "Active Balancing" with an external control box...

It will mount in the alcove in front of the complete system for easy troubleshooting or maintenance...

Just more technology and progress... Much more to come, as the Show Season starts I will have some new interesting releases in the next couple of weeks... Bushtracker is the Leader in the Industry, the one everyone else tries to copy the style of, for good reason: We ARE the Best! Come for a Tour of the Factory to see 50 reasons why no one can match our quality...

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, da Mad Scientist...

Last edited by Bushtracker on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends,
This is a big one. Very Happy:

We are getting older, Rolling Eyes and many of you have told me you are beginning to have trouble with shoulders or backs. The hardest bit with Bushtracker Lifestyle for some, is changing gas bottles, moving a big generator, and tyre changes just becoming a bit harder.. That and the racks on the front are unsightly and full of junk, and the Jerry cans are hard to get to, and it is hard to secure the diesel tank for the heater, and the gas bottles are hard to access...

I have invented a whole system, partially with incorporating an older system, but all together.. And here are the pictures of the first one, with the trial testing of the system on my own new Bushtracker to modify and improve it in practice.. At first look, it is not that different to our normal box system:

1)In Tyres: I am using cages, that are built of alloy, with a ramp that closes up the side. It has a bit of a curve in it at the bottom to easy load and unload the tyre. When closed, it binds up the tyre snugly. Here it is on mine:

2) Generator: A slightly larger box (mind you this is only for larger tow vehicles that can stand the ball weight) that houses an EU3.0is electric start 3kva Honda. Why that unit? It has 2 amps more, 500 watts, in continuous duty, than the Honda 3.0 "Handi". The Yamaha 2.4 Blue Whisper is nice but 32 kg.. With climate change, the long trusted Honda 2.0i is now struggling with some air conditioning units, and cannot run a battery charger at the same time. I have a full write up on this in TIPS ON DESIGNING YOUR NEW BUSHTRACKER on the 2016 Generator Options. I have elected to go really large with the EU3.0is because: It has a 33 cc larger motor that with the 20% larger will not bog down hopefully, running two Truma Aventa II air conditioning units. It also has a larger tank on top so it will run 7.7 hours under full load and 20 hours at 1/4 load. Now the difference and invention is that it can slide out on a rubber pad, and run in place !! You do not have to move it to get the minimum distance to the gas bottles.. Here is what it looks like on my prototype:

3) The gas bottles are on a slide out on the other side of the box. There is a TIG welded gas tight barrier between them and the generator locker. There is also venting to a remote location. This gets the AGA Certification in that the gas bottles are in a sealed locker away from the generator with venting about 2 meters back to comply with gas regulations. They will slide out on their own slides, so are easy to lift out about waist high. In addition there is added security for the gas bottles as the locker has two locks... It looks like this:

4) The diesel heater tank is also in the gas bottle locker, no more security concerns about vandalizing the diesel, easier to service with a Jerry can, and locked up. Further on this side I have the option of a spare for the Dodge Cummins Diesel on board.. Anyway, gas bottles and diesel tank can be secured: It all locks away securely, looking like this:

5) Then, in the heavy grid, where the gas bottles were before, is a heavy mesh cage for firewood or chocks of what have you, I have named "Cowboys Catchall".. It has a checker plate floor mounted onto the frames, and the heavy alloy mesh sides.. Here it is like for firewood on end, or what ever:

6) Two Jerry cans mounted on the front of the box for easy access... Wink Me likee.....

This allows for number 7) For me I need Cardio Vascular work to stay fit, so a new bike rack design comes up out of the Cowboy Catchall, bolted through the bottom into chassis steel, and up over the back of the box, for a quick disconnect bike rack to slip onto this stainless stub on top of the box... Hmmmm... Here it is..

This makes all the hard jobs of changing tyres, moving generators, changing gas bottles, locking up diesel heater tanks, where to put bikes, all of this made easy-peasy... Courtesy of Cowboy.. Vote Yes if you like all the ideas!

Note again, this will have at least a 400 kg ball weight, I am sorry but all of my resistance to big box systems, was because it was outside the range of Landcruiser in ball weight problems. However, with the larger trucks, and the all popular better fuel economy American trucks of Dodge-Chevrolet-Ford, it is not a problem with weight or ball weight, hence my new design. The whole system is not bad looking either IMO, and is more compact and snuggles up to the van more for better clearances of the stone guard to the back of the tow vehicle..

Kind regards, Bushtracker
RobandFlip

State:: Victoria
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yummy, love this new design for the front. We will discuss our options with the crew when we come up in June. Well done Steve.
Cheers,
Robyn and Phillip
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rob and Flip,

This is a whole new revolution in updates, as we get a bit older to make things a bit easier.. Here is the first Modification, for the larger generators to run in place, opposite a sealed gas locker vented to the rear:

It is a flush mounted hatch, you can hardly see it when closed up, so here it is shown in the open position. Exhaust out easy, and service easy. When closed it is locked from the inside, you can hardly see the hatch itself..

It is pattern matched and flush with the surface, and allows easy access to the back of the generator, plus exhaust gas outlet...

Not necessary for the normal 2.0i.. But it makes it easy, even with a rain lid, to run the larger one in place. It allows one or two air conditioners plus the battery charger to run all at the same time. In really hot weather, it also has the larger tank to run all night if needed..

More to come..
RobandFlip

State:: Victoria
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
Looks great! Seems that it is worth exploring all the options. Great design by Bushtracker. Our Honda EU30iu handy would fit in there no problems. Thanks for sharing,
Cheers,
RobandFlip
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

I am still doing some improvements, as we get older to accommodate the battle scars we all suffer from, like shoulders and backs.. Hmmmm..

Here is the latest improvement, on the Jerry Can holders to provide easy access and unloading.. "Easy Load" Jerry Can holders, Patent Pending...

Here they look, on the front of the generator box, in the normal position..

And here it is, in an easy disconnect version, pivoting over at 45 degrees to slide them out...

Kind regards, Cowboy at Bushtracker... heh he
Emu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant!

Bugger! Now I have to wait until I wear the current BT out. However, in about 5 years you'll no doubt have new innovations.

Off to central NSW in 10 days for 4 days. Then off to the Gibb RR via the Tanami in about 9 weeks.

Cheers

Paul
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emu, you said "wear out your Bushtracker"? Hope you live so long.. I have seen the going good after 20 years and several Owners and several trips around Australia.. I am not sure what "wear out your Bushtracker" means.. Laughing Laughing

Since you Owners seem to carry the interest on our latest innovations, here it is on my own Bushtracker Show van.. Well, it is not quite finished yet, my own keeps getting picked at when we have the time... Rolling Eyes

I am still refining this Show van, with a few extra touches.. For one I have added chassis boxes, powder coated black.. On the Drivers side it is long full length, on the Bushtracker door side it protects the Power fold down stairs... Size? About 180 mm high, 160 mm doors:

Here you can see the flush mount door, that opens up when running the larger generator bolted down. This lets out exhaust gases, but also allows access to the back of the generator for Service...

And here is a close up view of the "Easy Loader" Jerry Can holder (Patent Pending)... Upright, then rotated towards yourself to slip it out...

And here we have enlarged the cage for the spare, to suit a Dodge Cummins Diesel Mag wheel and tyre to suit..

Matter of interest for you... Kind regards, on the road with the Ranger....

Semper Fidelis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT SELECTION FOR NEW VANS All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: