WARRANTY, SERVICE, AND BACKUP- QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> SO...WHAT MAKES BUSHTRACKER THE BEST?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: WARRANTY, SERVICE, AND BACKUP- QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS Reply with quote

Copied and move here from the General Discussion area
FOF Joined: 01 May 2010
State:: NSW

Hello Steve,
I have been reading and I can't find any laid out warranty, service or backup.
My Questions.

1. What is the Bushtracker warranty ?
2. Are there any after delivery services ?
3. What type of backup can we expect ?
If I am stuck out somewhere and I can phone, email or send a carrier pigeon to Bushtracker, can you and will you help us out ?

Please move this to the appropriate forum as I think your answer will be good for all.

Thanks In advance.
Chris.
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello FOF

It is early in the pre-dawn Sunday morning and I have to saddle up, but I will give you answers on your questions...

1) The Bushtracker Warranty is two years on the Bushtracker, parts and labour, except on pieces of equipment that have their own Warranty. Some of those things have to be done at the respective Agents. But we help and support people forever.

2) and 3) You ask about "After Delivery Services", and "Backup"...Are you kidding? You have not read that much in the Forum yet.. Laughing We are FAMOUS for having the best After Sales Service IN THE INDUSTRY... That and the quality of the Product and the value for money is why we have had 79 and I think the 80th is about to sign up, for a Second Bushtracker.... We take care of you by email, phone, and this Forum for years. People get the answers and help they need. Have you seen the Topics in the Owners Section?
TRICKS AND TIPS ON USING YOUR BUSHTRACKER VAN That has 56 Topic and 221 Responses....
Or how about BUSH MECHANIC FIXES on the Road that has 43 Topics and 205 Responses...... And how about
Tips on MAINTENANCE 36 Topics, 202 Responses
And a whole lot more....

The Owners themselves Testify on our behalf and their own, as THEY are the ones that sell our vans for us. We have no Sales Staff.

Actually we have very little Warranty work. I mean that. If you build them right in the first place, and teach the Owner how to use it without abusing it, then you end up with very little Warranty work to do. If something does break, it is usually someone elses product. You go to any Repair Agency, and have them phone or email us with a quote. We have to Authorise any repairs to make sure you are getting a quality repair with the right materials and at a fair price. If they do not have the right materials, it allows us to instruct them and ship them the right materials. When we are satisfied they can do the job correctly, then we give them the approval and so on. If it is an item that has its own Warranty, you get the Owners Manual with all the Agents for that item, or call us for that Referral..

Really, unless we get someone damaging a van with abuse, too fast of speed, too high of tyre pressure, overloaded, or something like that; we have very little in repair or warranty work on Bushtrackers. When we do have it, we take very good care of our Customers. How else do you get to be Number One in Australia. We started counting second vans about 5 years ago and the tally is 79 or 80. Honestly, we have the very best backup, troubleshooting, and Service in the Industry and from all the reports by our Owners that have owned everything else before Bushtracker, I can say that without reservations... Wink

It starts when you sign up and get on the Production Schedule, then you are admitted to the Owens Section of this Forum. There you will become an expert on how to use and care for your Bushtracker, use it without abusing it, and troubleshoot anything that is wrong. Then in ongoing years, Categories like RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AND NEW GEAR COMING ON LINE With 29 Topics and 220 Responses, keeps you up to date with new gear and updates possible.

The Public section of this Forum, is just items of interest and general information. The Owners Section is full of the Proprietary Information and help you need. We are without a doubt Number One, go to respective Factories to see how they are built and you will soon see that. Others copy us in style but not structure and substance and quality of finish and they just prey on people that do not know what they are looking at. They copy us all the time, but not the right way, and we do not want to make it any easier for them... Laughing We do it right in the first place, and have very little Warranty, and in fact most Owners that sell our vans years later, sell them at a Profit. The Owners Section also has some other things that we want to keep private like secret camping spots, and travel logs of remote tracks and so on... The Onwer Section is the real meat of this Forum, and you are admitted when you are in the Production Schedule to get you tuned up to make your travels a success with your Bushtracker...

You get about 3 months of Coaching when you are in process. Why? We want you to get it right in the first place and make informed choices that will enhance your Lifestyle and acheive your goals... For instance in the Owners Secttion one of your first Categories of value when you Order, will be TIPS ON DESIGNING YOUR NEW BUSHTRACKER with 53 Categories and 333 Responses.

Service, Care, Aftermarket care, this Forum is based on the experiences of over a 1000 Bushtracker Owners over 15 years, and 40 years of experience of myself. It is the single Best Asset for Bushtracker Owners. While you are waiting for a new Bushtracker, you can select those Topics on repairs, or maintenance, or troubleshooting, and put them on a CD or print them off in a binder to add to your Owners Manual. Or, get the latest if you travel with Internet Service like I am writing to you on right now with a wireless router on the Telstra Bigpond Gateway system in 2G and 3G with a Laser Antennae on my Wineguard TV aerial. (There are Topics on this as well..)

No, Mate I am here to tell you in Public on this Public part of the Forum, our Aftermarket Service is second to none!!! We have people coming back to us 6-8-10 years later and more, with questions and we take care of them all......

Cheers... Steven Gibbs, Director, Bushtracker,
lone Ranger cuz I travel with horses... Wink Out at the Pacific Coast Reinging Horse Championships
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied and moved here from the General Discussion area

FOF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the fast reply.
I thought that would be the answers.
It's just that I had not seen it all in one place.

Nearly seals the deal.
There's only one thing holding me back now... It's called Money

Good luck with the Horses,
FOF
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved here from the General Discussion area:

notes1952

Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOF - you had better believe it. Without a doubt the best Caravan Manufacturer for design and after sale service. As you have seen a response to a query can come at any hour of the day - now thats what I really call service.

Dave.
Wherrol

State:: Qld
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Gee it is nice to be home and come down to Bushtracker for a service. The staff made us feel like we were long lost relatives being welcommed back to the fold.

As an added bonus we had a great service.

As we have now moved the post to this thread realised there was something else we should mention. Wherever we have been and managed to break some bit or other, or have a question, no matter how silly we felt we rang up Peter. Peter was always happy to answer the question or ship out the bit that broke no matter where we were.

Kind regards

Allan and Sharon
landy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: after sales service Reply with quote

We had a couple enquire obout our Bushtracker at Broken Hill and in particular what the after sales service was like. They had a new van from a competitor that was still under warranty and they were having difficulty getting items fixed. Our van is 5 years old and we had just had the door handle snap off. A call to Steve and details were supplied as to who to contact and an offer to mail us one on the road if we had a problem securing one. On hearing this the couple said they would purchase a BT when they raised the cash. Our van has done a lot of hard work over the years and it is great to be able to still contact BT and have any problem addressed straight away.

Bill C
Bronco

State:: Qld
Current Bushtracker owner:: Ordered
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve

Couldn't fine where this post would be most suited in hopefully here is ok. Just like to let everybody know if they haven't already picked one up and read. The great write up of the best caravan out in the latest edition of Caravan & Motorhome No.147. Good to see Tracy relaxing hard at work Laughing
anyway thought I'd pass it on Steve give yourself a big pat on the back, you've deserve it. Can't wait until I ring up and place my order on one of those legendary vans, counting the days.
Bill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed yesterday Crusader Caravans has called in the Administrators:

http://www.mynrma.com.au/get-involved/advocacy/news/crusader-caravans-goes-into-administration.htm

There goes the warranty!!!
paulk

State:: QLD
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve, have been reading thru the forum threads re getting customer awareness of BTs more recognisable/logo size/shonk competitors copying stuff etc etc. (a lot of of those posts are years old now btw and need updates)

As a potential new customer, one of the things that'd sway me more than anything right now, is if BT offered a 5 year limited transferable warranty.
From what I can see it's 2 years?

The decision to pay considerably more for a BT than I would for another brand, would be made a no-brainer if I could on-sell the van in a few years time with still a few years manufacturers warranty on it.

You'd know better than anyone whether this is feasible. But in the car industry it's a major deciding factor in the decision making process whether to purchase Brand X or Brand Y.
Any manufacturer who stands by his product and says it's the toughest, best, most functional product, and will last for years and offer high resale value, should be offering a longer warranty period than other manufacturers as a reinforcement of those words.

It might hurt you a little in maintenance costs over the years, but in terms of marketing and sales share, it'd be a game breaker for you.
The Hob

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulk

I do not understand what you think a 5 year warranty would cover or be needed for.

I bought our van new and have never had anything you could claim warranty on in 8 years. Some initial warranty is needed to cover things like door/window adjustments (no problems with mine) Most appliances will have a manuafacturers warranty and all these issues are quickly sorted out during your first shakedown cruise. Then it is just a matter of enjoying your purchase and keeping maintenance up on things like wheel bearings, brake pads, tyres (I have staked a couple of tyres but these are not the responsibility of the van builder.

As part of maintenance I have recently upgraded axles and springs but this is after 150k of Australian roads.

While I understand the initial thought about warranty when making such a purchase, deeper research will reveal that such concern is illfounded and not required as shown by the customer experience over many vans.

Ask owners about issues after purchase and you will feel reassured

And it only takes a phone call to BTI for advice on any issue about van forever and this free forum you are using has a huge amount of advice on the use and maintenance of the van

Alan
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right On Alan (The Hob), could not have said it better... you are a Champion!

Paulk: Sorry, but no.... You are mistaken for about four principal reasons, and here is why:

First of all, the people offering long warranties are in rented premises and using this as a sales gimmick... Hey they can offer a 20 year warranty, they might not be in Business for 20 more weeks or months. We have been here, Number One, for 21 years now and have no debt.. They cannot build to our level of quality and this is just another one of their gimmicks to prey on the unsuspecting Public..

Second of all the idea of transferable? There is no accounting for the people that would abuse the van and sell it on. There are not a lot out there, but believe me there are a few that will not listen and blast all over the Outback wrecking things. They could abuse it, and sell it on with the problems on board.. Not going to happen.

Third of all our vans are built so well, that is not much real warranty work. I mean really. And if we find a problem that we think is our fault, we have fixed it out many years past Warranty. That is why to date 133 people have come back for second New Bushtrackers, in just the past four or five years since we started counting. Our Product is the best, and I am told by people that have owned all the others, that our Service is second to NONE, it is just that good...

Fourth of all, and this is a real point to understand: About 98% of any Warranty Work that is called for is not ours but on some of the gear people select. We are not, and cannot be Authorized Service Agents for all of that gear, it is impossible as we would not get the insider product support and parts and updates and training to stay current to BE Authorized Service Agents. That is totally impossible, we could not carry the stock or qualify with their "in house" training, to be Authorized Service Agents to even carry the stock. They will not even sell us the stock necessary.

You need to realize that we build them right in the first place, and the appliances and gear is where about 98% of all Warranty Work is, not on our chassis or suspensions or frames or any other structure of finish of what we build. It is all on things we cannot do Warranty work anyway, like fridges and air conditioning units, or electronics or appliances.

The whole longer Warranty thing is just another Sales Tactic Gimmick, mostly by people sitting in rented premises that cannot build out our quality so they have to lie and victimize the Public with BS Sales. It is sad really, and is not good for the reputation of the Industry in general. We get to hear ALL the horror stories from people that have bought just about every other Brand thinking they got a better deal, only to come to grief with the lack of quality that makes Bushtracker Number One in the Industry...

Go see the rest.. Then: Come to see what the Best really is, and you will buy a Bushtracker without a doubt. Don't fall for the gimmicks and copies.. Call for a Factory Tour and see why we are Number One..

Kind regards, Admin [/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> SO...WHAT MAKES BUSHTRACKER THE BEST? All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: