THE DIRECTORS CHOICE OF BUSHTRACKER, RIG, AND EQUIPMENT 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> SO...WHAT MAKES BUSHTRACKER THE BEST?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: THE DIRECTORS CHOICE OF BUSHTRACKER, RIG, AND EQUIPMENT 2016 Reply with quote

Well, you know my truck, the Dodge Cummins Diesel, gets better fuel mileage than a 200 Series, plus the advantages of Engine Brake and Tow Haul Mode for better towing capability.

This new Bushtracker is my current choice. It is only 21', but I have loaded an incredible amount of gear into it, and built as big of a Bushtracker as you can do in 21'. Why only 21'? My Wife is a Yachtie and the coastal caravan parks are all very old and restricted to smaller caravans.. In our experience about 21' is the maximum and still get in.. So 21' it is.

It has the new Air Suspension, unique because of the level ride self-adjusting ride height with a metering valve.

I have gone for our more conventional most popular layout, for all the right reasons. I am becoming one of you Owners, travelling with my new Bushtracker more. I like the white walls, but more of the wood cabinetry, and I like the marble look on the counters. Bulkheads are pure laminex, cleanable and durable.. Leather upholstery, green perspex in overheads and rear ensuite door..

My layout is fairly conventional to our most popular layout, but I have added a 100 mm to the ensuite, and high quality appointments like Pantry and racks...

It has the high quality finish of Italian fiberglass over our normal very strong frame.. Not the Sales Gimmick foam core panel that has little structural value, this is over our standard frame, the strongest in the Industry, structural bulkheads and all…

I have gone for the front door, as there is nothing in that wall anyway, and it gives about 800 mm more cabinetry in the rear of the van where the door would normally be.. My Wife has a knee that plays up, that this is our new power step as it goes down lower. Look, I would not want to have it in a rear door layout, as it would be too exposed when backing up in tall grass or bottoming out in tough 4x4. However, with care, it is reasonable in the front door layout.

I have chosen a 250 litre fridge freezer, in stainless, that has a 70 litre drawer freezer down below. These run as independent units, each with their own Danfoss compressor drive unit, with a condensing radiator and muffin fan.

We have made an opening door to improve the efficiency when stopped. Both the compressors have their own controls and their own muffin fan radiator condenser unit, and by opening this up it improves the efficiency.

Next to the fridge, I have a double pantry slide out with heavy duty racks, these are about the best I have found and pretty popular:

I am also trialing an 8 kg proper washing machine, that turns into a 4 kg dryer, and a door to the outside to get the heat and moisture out. In the Big Rigs and Mega-Yacht Bushtrackers this could be an attractive proposition if it survives the harder travel... And I always wanted a big hanging coat locker, both of these are where the rear door would have been...

To operate it as a dryer, you open this outside door to get the heat and moisture out..

Microwave is built in, all and all pretty conventional, only a little more power with the big fridge/freezer and a smaller drink fridge in the slide out kitchen. It is not finished yet, I will add photos of it in due course with reports on how things are going.

The front of the van is subject to my latest invention shown here on the Forum, “Bushtracking Made Easier..” Easy roll off tyres, easy run slide out generator, easy gas bottle access in sliding gas proof vented locker....

This has not even been cleaned and washed yet. Also, a cloudy and dark day dulls the colours. This is just a sneak preview and there will be more on it, with better pictures, as it is finished OK?

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director, Bushtracker
Very Happy
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, my van is heavy...
It is heavy because I have about 300 kg of extra toys on board to demonstrate our range of Options...

Here is another one: A Slide out kitchen with a drawer fridge.

The drawer fridge is on the outside, so you can use it without pulling out the whole kitchen:

The whole thing out, makes for very nice outdoor living, BBQ, and a sink..
I mean I would rather cook over a fire, but in fire danger area this is really nice and easy..

There is room for chairs on top, and I will probably put a thin cutting board on the top of the stainless in laminex.. Outdoor living in luxury. Thought you might like to see some of these options in more detail...

See you on the road, maybe my first night out in it tonight.. ! Wink
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,
Weeks later, and my own is still not done.. Rolling Eyes This R&D is ongoing, it is on my own Bushtracker Show van for testing and evaluation. While the others copy our style to try and get "The Look", we actually field test our equipment and inventions in the Outback. And no, it is not quite finished yet, my own keeps getting picked at when we have the time... Rolling Eyes I have been on one little trip and am leaving again today for another.

I am still refining my van, with a few extra touches that many of you have been interested in.. Most of it is not necessary, but nice. For instance I have added chassis boxes, powder coated black.. On the Drivers side it is long full length, on the Bushtracker door side it protects the Power fold down stairs... Size? About 180 mm high, 160 mm doors:

Here you can see the flush mount door, that opens up when running the larger generator bolted down. This lets out exhaust gases, but also allows access to the back of the generator for Service...

And here is a close up view of the "Easy Loader" Jerry Can holder (Patent Pending)... Upright, then rotated towards yourself to slip it out...

And here we have enlarged the cage for the spare, to suit a Dodge Cummins Diesel Mag wheel and tyre to suit..

Matter of interest for you... Kind regards, on the road with the Ranger....

Semper Fidelis
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

On the road in FNQ, and testing some of the new equipment.. I am heading north and then out west where I have been invited to some Stations.. Having a miserable time here, Laughing Doing it tough in Croc country, about 40 paces off the water where an 18’ has been seen…

The fibreglass exterior is growing on me. This is real fiberglass skin over our standard frame, not the cheap thin glass over foam core like the rest do. This is over our standard frame, the strongest in Australia.

It does rain every day, but the old awning material that has been left at Bushtracker makes for a nice floor under the awning, and you can just sweep off the water and grass to make for a nice floor. If you damage your existing awning and replace the material, here is a good use for it... Wink The raining everyday in the FNQ you get used to because it is warm. It is a bit wet to deal with, but there are some nice side effects:

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director, Bushtracker
"On the road with the Ranger"
billybotswana

Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve in one word beautiful, I missed you when up north, am out Georgetown way,

I'm at the planning/dreaming stage but hopefully soon!!!! definitely a BT but might be a bit unique to suit my prospecting lifestyle.

couple of queries
Have you by any chance done a temp test between fibreglass and traditional vans?
The spare tyre carrier, is the tyre bolted down or is the frame pressurising it if that's the right word.

Will be in touch when get a chance to travel south for a look about at your factory

Andy Todd
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybotswana wrote:

couple of queries My answers in bold...

Have you by any chance done a temp test between fibreglass and traditional vans? Not a lot in it, the insulation is about the best anyway..

The spare tyre carrier, is the tyre bolted down or is the frame pressurizing it if that's the right word. Yes, tight fit, ramp pushed in and locked against it..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> SO...WHAT MAKES BUSHTRACKER THE BEST? All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: