Isotherm fridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brianhardley

State:: Victoria
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Isotherm fridge Reply with quote

Hi we’ve just collected our van from storage it’s been undercover for 9 months however solar panels were covered with clears so continued to charge.
Everything is working perfectly except the fridge it’s iturning on however not chilling at all ? Any tips are we not doing something simple or is it a service job ?

Thanks
pjfollyfarm

State:: Western Australia
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Isotherm Fridge issues Reply with quote

You can see the history of my problems with this fridge at http://www.bushtrackerforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4537&highlight=

I suggest you get a good fridge mechanic to have a look at it.

If you search the owners forum using "isotherm fridge" you will find a number of other threads that may also help you with your next step.
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the Isotherm we have now:
Of ALL the fridges available, and ALL the ones we have used in the past 22 years: This would be one of the most reliable units with the fewest problems...

On a Forum, you would hear about a few problems, but they are what? 2-3% of all the fridges in the past few years?

Matthew is my general Office Manager, and has chosen it for his new Bushtracker that was at all the Shows in 2017 and a half dozen trips and a few Holidays with his family. And I myself, who could have anything, and and I am using it in my own 23' Bushtracker now travelling around Tasmania for the second month.

THAT is what we think about it... We have both gone larger to 23' and weight is an issue. We did not have any problems with our big 250 lt Marine Stainless ones, but besides double the cost they use a lot of power and the big problem was weight. The big 220 litre Isotherm has been so popular and reliable we have both gone back to that in our larger Bushtrackers...

I am telling you this, because the problems are what people write about on a Forum. I mean if 5 People are having problems, out of 250, that is only a 2% factor of an overall good unit. This is so much so, so good of reliability, that the top level of Management of Bushtracker have selected it for their own vans. That is my take on it.

I suggest you have a Fridge Mechanic look at it. Sometimes it is just a little low on gas, and I seem to remember some kind of electrical divert-er on the gas system, but I am no Refrigeration Mechanic and that may be another type. Good luck with it, I am sorry you are having problems, but it is the pick of the litter, as that is what I would have when we try them all..

Any further Engineering details or questions should go to the Owners Section. There are a couple of tricks of the trade so to speak that I have heard about, when one is stored long term, move this there and I will share...

Kind regards, Director of Bushtracker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: