FOUR MOST COMMON MISTAKES MADE IN PLANNING FOR A BUSHTRACKER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> What SIZE OR TYPE OF BUSHTRACKER?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: FOUR MOST COMMON MISTAKES MADE IN PLANNING FOR A BUSHTRACKER Reply with quote

Hello "Newbies", future Bushtracker Owners... Wink The more you look around, the more you are going to find out why we are Number One without even a close second place...

But here is the first thing, the top four most common mistakes made by Bushtracker Owners in the Planning stage:

1) Buying the Tow Vehicle first..... A lot of people buy the tow vehicle with city and civilized surrounds and perspectives... Honestly you cannot imagine how many people buy something like a Prado, or a 3 litre Nissan Automatic, and are disappointed later when they find out it can only tow 2500 kg. You do not get much of a Lifestyle, when you want to carry 400-500 kg of water, food, toys, tools, and such and still be under your limit of 2500 kg.... This is a major Boo-Boo...... And the truth is it is a source of much sorrow later Confused

Come for the visit here first, figure out what size of van really suits what you want to do, then go shopping horses for courses.. Wink Look the truth is that we offer good Coaching from the success rates of the Thousand before you, and we are conscientious about looking after your best interests first as Job one.... Take the Coaching on board, yes we have the best Product in the Industry and if you look for yourself you will soon find that out for yourself.. But also we offer a good deal of Service in looking after your success in your travels, and that is the other reason we have such Customer loyalty and why our Customers sell our vans for us. Take the Coaching, it is free, and once you understand the reasons you will be better prepared to do it at least from a well informed perspective, OK?

2) Second mistake: Choosing too small, too conservative, too pensive and apprehensive in size of van.... We have built now 64 second Bushtracker vans since we started counting about 3 1/2 years ago of our 13 years in business... Size is the predominant issue here, so come and talk with us about size and the success rates long term, OK?

3) Third I think is collecting... Collecting too many good ideas from other Forums, without filtering it a bit.... You should go ahead and consider the ideas, but then cut the list to half. Too many people collect all these good ideas and add gear that may not be necessary and they are always about 200 kg to 250 kg over what they should be in that size...

4) Fourth thing I think that is the most common mistake... Is probably doing the same thing with the tow vehicle.. Loading it up too much? Particularly Landcruiser, you just do not have the GVM to carry EVERYTHING you would like. If you really want a boat loader and roof rack, and tinny on top, and and and..... You may want to look at getting a larger tow vehicle as that is better than running illegal and overweight, OK? Like I say, horses for courses.... Watch your GVM... Again we are here to help.

Best Regards, stg

Last edited by Bushtracker on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So She says: "Will the rig be too big?" Show Her this, and what big really is, the lone Rangers Rig is still the biggest tow vehicle and van combined at 19 Metres: Laughing Here shown at the Qld State Championships..

Home away from home, welcome on Stations, every Showground open all over Australia because of Livestock, and dogs are OK because of the travel with Livestock....

El Eban Amigo sleeping in, done it tough the night before...

Not out of touch, Stereo, TV, Satellite dish,

So if She thinks your rig is going to be too big, show Her this one:

And with the van on the back, entering the horse property, 19 ton, 19 Metres...
And that is the 42 M indoor arena I built for the "Special Needs" Childrens Riding programs, where da money goes.. Thank God I was well enough off to share, before Bushtracker.. Laughing

Now, take the advise above to heart, and get the right tow vehicle for the job.. Maybe settle on what size of Bushtracker you really want BEFORE buying the tow vehicle... We are here to help...

As to comments on how I travel???? So now you know, the lone Ranger IS crazy... Rolling Eyes

But 4x4 Mack with Diff Locks and 20,ooo hydraulic winch, Euro III engine and Eaton transmission at about 30-32 litres/100 sort of what a Lexus gets towing, on board 1500 ltrs diesel, 7 tanks of water in 22' van so 600 litres in van, 3 tanks of water in stainless tanks in truck, another 600 litres. 6 kva genset, and ton of chainsaws, tools, and bits and gear.... I could homestead anywhere I pull up. Not sure I am really that crazy.. Laughing Laughing Air seats, safety, a view from on top.... But for parking in tight spots this IS A BIG RIG...

One thing for sure, this makes the Silverado look small... Laughing
Horses for Courses you know..

16-17' Smaller tow vehicles will do..
18-20' Landcruiser, Nissan Patrol 4.2, Discovery that size of vehicle is King..
21'-22' Silverado starts coming into its own..
Over 22' and you have to look at Ford, Dodge, Chevrolet, for luxury.. Or a low powered Japanese truck, Isuzu, and so on...
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a larger van,
Look at this for a while...

And after you look at this for a while, the Silverado does not look so big:

And the difference with a larger van, over trying to do say a 22' or larger with a Toyota or Nissan? The difference could save your life... It is not just about luxury, power, ease... It is about safety in wheelbase length and control if something bad happens in front of you on the highway...

Smaller size van, in say the "Sweet Spot" most common size of Bushtracker that people stay with in 19'-21', the king is still Toyota and here are my other two Research and Development vehicles this 200 Series, and my favorite:

The 100 Series featured in the topic in TIPS ON TOW VEHICLES, in the topic REBIRTH OF THE SUPER CRUISER.... It is the cheapest of the four, and I rebuilt all of the running gear as new, better than new.... And it is the only one Bush Mechanics can work on with no electronics on board...

And my little sweetie, diff locks, with just about every 4x4 accessory ever made on board, a great choice in a tow vehicle, read about it... A fully restored 100 Series, new engine, and the rest:

Fair Dinkum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> What SIZE OR TYPE OF BUSHTRACKER? All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: