First big trip, W.A. and Gold Fossicking, BT report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> TRAVEL LOGS AND BUSHTRACKERS IN ACTION PICTURE GALLERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: First big trip, W.A. and Gold Fossicking, BT report Reply with quote

Sent in to Bushtracker:

After spending 2 1/2 weeks travelling back to WA we arrived home last week.
Washed & cleaned up the BT, now packed away ready for it's next trip (going to the Karijini gorges in July).

We thoroughly enjoyed out trip back to Geraldton. The BT went great, no problems with anything.
Diesel heater worked well, pressure pumps worked well, had hot showers each night,
even got to bake a couple of batches of muffins in the new oven.
We love the roomy layout of the van & love
being able to gaze at the stars at night from the bed.

We even took the van offroad on the dirt for 150kms & camped out at our favourite gold detecting site at the back of Kalgoorlie. No dust came into the van so I was very happy (plus managed to find 3/4 oz of gold which was a real bonus for a few days work).

Bushie

State:: Qld
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good for a few days work? not work, doing what you enjoy. At gold over $1000 that is not bad wages and certainly boosts the kitty a bit. My problem is I like it too much Wink

Congrats on your first trip and the good 'pickings' keep that favorite spot to yourself Exclamation See you on the road some day- Bushie
AJ and LJ

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: First big trip, W.A. and Gold Fossicking, BT report Reply with quote

Hey Bushie I see in the photo's you didn't put awnining out,Do you think that if you had the other type that I feel is easier and quicker you would use it more? as I am undecided which one to fit on mine , due in Sept. Cheers Al.
Maximus

State:: Western Australia
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Annex Reply with quote

Alan

After mucking about for 3 years with the Aussie Traveller we replaced it with an Eclipse Roll Out. What a difference. Up and out in a minute, no ladder to fall off, easy to put up and with guy ropes can withstand a lot of wind.
We would not go any other way.
Innkeepers

State:: New South Wales
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan...we have to agree with Barrie (Maximus)....we have an Aussie Traveller Sunburst Eclipse Roll Out type awning and use it all the time. We also put a couple of de-flapper clamps on the vinyl and a pair of double guy roes at each end and it HAS survived some really big blows from thunderstorms. See pics on our web site.

Very happy with the Eclipse roll out.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Rick & Julie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> TRAVEL LOGS AND BUSHTRACKERS IN ACTION PICTURE GALLERY All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: