TRIP REPORT SENT IN BY OWNERS, WITH MAINTENANCE SCHED.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> TRAVEL LOGS AND BUSHTRACKERS IN ACTION PICTURE GALLERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: TRIP REPORT SENT IN BY OWNERS, WITH MAINTENANCE SCHED. Reply with quote

I just found this again, a good report from some good People, that may benefit you.... They write:

Hi Bushtracker Team

Just back home after spending 6 months wandering around W.A. Better than working. Spent a bit of time in the Kimberley region. What a great place, peace and quiet. Spent a week at Drysdale Station about 50 klms. off the Gibb River Rd. Great scenery etc, another few days at Home Valley Station on the Gibb River Rd. Check out photos. Eight 4WD roll overs in one week, all hired. They need a bit of education on how to drive on these roads. Had one small problem with the battery charger. The retaining bolt that holds the transfomer in place worked loose allowing it to move back and forth breaking two wires. Solution, new wires, new bed of silicon, new centre bolt and spring washer.

Came across two vans with outback, offroad painted on sides. Thats where it finished. One lost all its suspension etc. near Drysdale station. The other a right off, all the inside floating around inside. Growen people crying, waiting for a flat top truck to take it home. Both these vans were new. Salesmen said they would go anywhere. No need to buy expensive vans. Boy I would hate to be these salesmen. These folks had murder in their eyes.

Enough rambling. Had 2 years on the road. What a GREAT VAN. Keep up the good work.
Regards Bob & Chris

Hi Steven
If you think our report will benefit others you may use it any way you like.

Thanks for the suspension tips. Usually check under and around the van every time we move. Repack bearings and check brakes every big trip.70000klms good as the day we picked it up. REGULAR maint. is cheap insurance. Easy to do it on a concrete pad at home than in the bush with flies crawling up you nose. I will check under and see what parts I need. Thanks again for the tips.

Bob and Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> TRAVEL LOGS AND BUSHTRACKERS IN ACTION PICTURE GALLERY All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: