3 DIFFERENT WDH DROP HITCHES NOW AVAILABLE AT BUSHTRACKER...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on TOW VEHICLES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: 3 DIFFERENT WDH DROP HITCHES NOW AVAILABLE AT BUSHTRACKER... Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

Lone Ranger here...

Now have three different HR WDH (Weight Distribution Hitch) adjustable drop hitch shanks are now available at Bushtracker for your convenience. Just another Service from us to to help you... You can purchase them from us, with or without the WDH.

Right to left, is the standard one that comes with the WDH, then the one in the middle is the 100 mm drop that is required with the 200 Series TD Landcruiser because it's hitch is incorporated in the bumper instead of mounted below it.... And the one on the right is 150 mm drop hitch for any Enthusiasts with large suspension lift kits in any of the vehicles...

Here is picture of a 200 Series with the Standard WDH (From memory he needs a little more drop and I don't know if he is going to stay with it, but the 100mm drop was not available at the time) :

And here is the 100mm drop hitch that most 200 Series TD Owners are going to need and we stock it now here for convenience to you (and it is higher off the ground than it looks in the picture):

This is what most of you will need, and we stock it here as a Service since most were unable to get it. We may order the whole system without the head unit and put this in its place, for those that want the whole WDH (Weight Distribution Hitch) which is recommended particularly on vans from 19' and up. We can usually match or beat Hayman Reece prices and we set it up here at Bushtracker for free as a Service for your Health and Safety on Delivery Day...

Regards, Ranger

Last edited by Bushtracker on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Hob

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve

That is real service as a new vehicle owner may not know exactly which one to get to suit the BT and it would be hard to try out different options.

Once my 200 arrives I'll be a customer for sure.

Alan
beatit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Alan - a great service.

G'day Alan,

Have you planned your first trip yet? So where are you going?

Kind regards

Theo

Hello Theo,
No idea yet, but thinking about a trip with my new 22' van due in May... Maybe switch vehicles at each new road type between the 200 Series and Silverado to note the differences and see if we increase our recommended safe maximums for Toyota to 22'...
Kind Regards, stg
Sawtybt

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

I see you recommend WDH's for vans 19' and up. I currently have a 50mm lift with heavy duty ARB springs with Polyair bags and was wondering what your thoughts would be about this type of setup. Would it be a case of picking up the van and seeing how it handles and then making a decision on the WDH.

Regards
Ross

Sawtybt

Hello Ross, You have the exact system that I prefer on the 100 Series and what I have done on mine. There is a topic on that suspension upgrade in this Category... Have a look...

Now on the WDH
Please go to the Owners Section in the Category TIPS ON DESIGNING YOUR NEW BUSHTRACKER, and digest the Topic POLICY ON WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION HITCHES... And then come back to me with comments or questions... OK? But a short answer on the WDH is yes, it could make the difference in a Life and Death accident avoidance manuever, with just that little more control at 100 kph.. 18' maybe a grey area, but starting at 19' I would say yes. Have a read and make any additional comment or questions there in that thread OK?

Best Regards, Ranger..
SLIDER

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

what sort of dollar figures are we looking at to by the hitches you have mentioned?

Its great you are always expanding your sevice and making life a little easier for your clients, keep up the good work! Very Happy

Thanks

Suzanne

Hello Suzanne,
I think adjustable ball mount head unit, 100mm drop shank is $170. The whole Weight Distribution Hitch is $650, and with the 100 mm drop the kit is $700 from us. The idea to provide the service, and supply you what you need, and beat HR's retail price, and we assemble and fit it for you here on Delivery... Can't beat that I don't think... (Prices as of 18/3/08
mel_and_toby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
What are your thoughts on WDH with self levelling air suspension? I guess the self levelling suspension does just that - but doesn't actually redistribute the weight. If this is the case I would assume that a WDH would be sensible. Ours is 18' van, Oyster, 400 litres and four panels and batteries so it is fairly heavy - tug is the V10 Touareg. As always your advice would be appreciated.

IAN
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ian,
First of all read the Topic "Policy on Weight Distribution Hitches" in the Owners Section to fully understand the priorities... Ball weight percentage priorities and so on...

And when you have done that, here are my comments:

1) The real value in a pinch, is the downward pressure the WDH puts on the steering. It could give you that added little extra to save you in a crisis swerve and recovery at 100 kph...

2) I am not familiar with the Touareg. But if it levels up when loaded, and stays there then you could take advantage of the value of the WDH and adjust the WDH after the Touareg has done its own adjustment.

However If it is variable on its own, then it may not be effective to use the WDH. Example: The Disco 3, runs around in the down position on the highway, but when it goes below 40 kph in the off-road position it is self raising for added ground clearance, and this is one of the reasons Land Rover does not want you to use the WDH.... Mind you it should not be used in off-road anyways... Just an example of a potential variability problem..

Check with VW and see what they say, but this is the problem with variable height suspensions... It the Touareg stays in one position, then it could be OK, as the adjustment on the pressure of the WDH bars would be constant. If it is variable, then the angles all change. First talk with VW, then see if the car goes down when you shut it off.... That would increase the pressure on the WDH bars for instance. If you can set it and it stays, then it is probably workable and a major safety and contol advantage, that is with VWs blessing of course... Wink

General comment to all Owners.... Even if you cannot use the WDH for some obscure reason, or don't need it as in a small van, the WDH head is adjustable and I use them on all of my vehicles even though with long wheelbase Fords and Chevrolets I do not need the WDH, it is handy to fine tune the hookup point for height... I currently do not own a WDH (will have to buy one for the 200 Series test vehicle), but anyway I have three adjustable WDH ball mount units which you can of course buy separately...

This one is in the "up" position, it can also be turned around in the "down" position of course, for lifted suspensions or larger vehicles..
Regards, Ranger...
mel_and_toby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Steve,
I will check with VW but there is no doubt that the Touareg lowers the suspension when doing a certain speed (modest - certainly less than highway touring) and it appears that it cannot be locked to prevent this. To be clear - ostensibly it can be locked for higher clearance but the lock is overridden by the speed for better stability etc when cruising. Very similar to the RR I had a couple of cars back.
As you point out that would make it impossible to set up WDH as the vehicle height is not constant. Thanks - hadn't thought of that aspect previously.

IAN
mel_and_toby

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have checked with VW and they say "don't waste your money as it will interfere with the self levelling suspension and you will end up taking it off as the ride will be all over the place".

Ian
Bundyrunners

State:: Qld
Current Bushtracker owner:: Ordered
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: 70 Series Landcruiser Suspension Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

We have 70 series landcruiser & want to know if we need to increase suspension for our new BT (August 2010).

We will get the Hayman Reece WDH from you to suit, but we like Fraser so we will have to disconnect WDH therefore putting full weight back on towbar

Your thoughts

Paul & Denise
(Bundyrunners)
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BundyRunners, (wonder what you drink) Laughing
My thoughts are

WELCOME TO THE FORUM, POST NUMBER ONE !!!

Now to be fair about this, a couple of things: First it is Saturday Night, and I have not had a real meal all day, been in the saddle on one of my poor Quarter Horses eight hours at a Competition... (Not complaining, I entered three Events and took three First Places and the High Points for the Show)... Anyway, I am qualifying my answer as BUGGERED and not exactly thinking clear right now, need a drink, and a fat steak I think..

I cannot even think of which the 70 Series is? The "WorkMate"? Anyway, to give you a qualified answer, I need you to tell me the Model and the Year and send that to sales@bushtracker.com

WHY? Because I need to look at your file, your Optional Equipment Gear list in relation to your Layout...
THEN on Monday, by return email, I can give you a real answer....

Talk with your on your email on Monday... Cheers from the lone Ranger,
Maybe not just half a HorseMan now, maybe 3/4 if I keep this up... Laughing Laughing
And don't tell me to start acting my age, I won't be able to do this... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on TOW VEHICLES All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: