Little Sandy Desert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> TRAVEL LOGS AND BUSHTRACKERS IN ACTION PICTURE GALLERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davef

State:: Western Australia
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Little Sandy Desert Reply with quote

Hello Steve

I've just arrived home from 20 weeks of tripping through some of WA's desert regions; gravel roads in all states of repair between good and terrible, and in many cases no roads at all.

Lower tyre pressures and in no rush to get to the next destination = no internal or external damage. All due to the coaching from Bushtracker and your posts here on the forum. Many thanks for your help Steve.

The Little Sandy Desert where I spent most of my time, is a mass of wildflowers and the shrubs, short and tall, are having the best blooming season in years. A huge number of honey-eating birds are around to take advantage of the largess. And for the first time ever, every sandalwood tree I saw was covered in berries.

There's also lots of emus and 'roos about too. A few dingos, not at all worried about our presence, but very curious; but not curious enough to come anywhere near our campsites. Lots of sign left by echidnas, and a different sort by donkeys and horses. The wild dogs (domestic breeds abandoned/lost/runaways) I had been warned about were nowhere to be seen. I was thankful for that, because moreso than the dingos the wild dogs are dangerous. Was told by a professional dogger that he no longer sleeps on the ground because of them.

By the time we started home the big lizzards were out of their burrows and sunning themselves. Hunting too I guess, but I didn't see any of that. Saw fresh signs in the sand left by various sized snakes and I'm sure glad that the Lady Boss didn't see that.

Regards
Davef

State:: Western Australia
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Pix Little Sandy Desert Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> TRAVEL LOGS AND BUSHTRACKERS IN ACTION PICTURE GALLERY All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: