SO, HOW MANY WATER TANKS??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT SELECTION FOR NEW VANS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: SO, HOW MANY WATER TANKS?? Reply with quote

Luxury in the Outback is a measure of Lifestyle and two important items that define Luxury are water and power.

You have two tanks total when you get the ensuite. You really need at least one more tank, two will just get you through five days on the ensuite with modest conservation on showers; and you really need one reserved just for drinking water. I have 8 total, the record is 10, now befoe you think I am crazy keep in mind that these are select fill. You do not have to run around with all the tanks full... You can select which ones to fill, and run around on the coast with minimal tankage, before leaving for a dry area...

8 is maybe way overkill for you, most Clients go out with 4 or 5 total, I suggest a minimum of at least 1 more to 3 total. The problem with that is about 50% of the people that leave here with 3, come back for more tanks later.

They don't weigh much empty, and you can select which ones to fill, doing them all as you leave the last outpost when you will be traveling at lower speeds in the dirt tracks....

Now understand that this advice is not economic in nature. At $390 per tank, with a metal stoneguard, even a little chassis mount stone guard for the drain tap, separate vent line, separate manifold valve to fill and one to pump out, labour and installation and GST on board? We have not changed the price on these in over 10 years, so don't make me stop and figure out what it really costs. This advice, like all of our advice, is based on getting the best results for you. We probably lose money on water tank installations the way we do it.

Regards, Ranger, scouting the trail for you...
Dave Burt

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

I have a 20Ft van on order which is due for pick up in April, I have ordered it with a total of four water tanks and thinking of going to five, keeping extra weight in mind, what is the weight of each tank when empty?

Regards

Dave
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 15 kilos... with hoses and fittings and so on..

Owners in general: Please understand, do not discuss the enormous plethora of possibilities with all the questions and planning and ideas, of your personal tailoring of layout and gear selections here on the Forum. With a hundred People in planning stages at any given time, it would hopelessly BOG the Forum down with personal ideas and coaching.. Sometimes there are some wild ideas thrown around, and it would clog and bog down the Forum...

That kind of question, and ideas, because it involves limits on tow vehicles and all sorts of other things possible, private gear list questions and coaching all goes to our email address at sales@bushtracker.com The lengthy discussions would really bog things down here.. Wink We need to pull your file and look at other things as well...

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director, aka da Cowboy, lone Ranger on the trail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT SELECTION FOR NEW VANS All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: