New to bushtracker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krista

State:: Qld
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: New to bushtracker Reply with quote

Hi there we are off this week to do a tour of the factory our first step towards purchasing a new van any help would be great we require a family van with 2 bunks seperate shower toilet we Also have a long list of extras but are a little concerned about weight . We will be towing with a 79 series dual cab landcruiser any thoughts ....
3ways

State:: Qld
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a guide our 21ft family layout has 2940kg tare which our LC200 easily handled. It will all depend on your choice of layout and options. The team at Bushtracker will guide you through the process.
Roachie

State:: SA
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I make one suggestion.....don't worry too much about what the TARE weight of the van is. That is a number you will NEVER see if you ever place the van (standing alone) on a weigh bridge. A much better indicator of the weight your Landcruiser will be hauling is the "ATM" number.

I've never known anybody to ever buy a van and then not start to put stuff in it, right from day one. If you assume you will have most of the water tanks, drawers, cupboards, nooks and crannies filled with "stuff" (and you will), then the ATM is a figure closer to reality.

Other than that I can't offer any advice to you that the good folk at BTi wouldn't be able to do 100 times better than me.

Good luck with your choices and in your travels.

Regards,

Bill
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have no fear,
The lone Ranger is here... Laughing Laughing Director and Mad Inventor at Bushtracker.. Steven Gibbs

We are based on my ethics and morality, in that I report to a higher Authority.. "What should it profit a Man if he gain the whole world but lose his own soul".. (I forget the scripture on that one, my Son in Accounting is in Bible College he would know)... Anyway: We will not engage in Salesmanship if you are trying to do something wrong that is not good for you... We will tell you what is wrong with it. We will look after you like Family, we will not let you overload your van, or tow vehicle. My entire Staff, particularly the Office Staff, live by the Bushtracker Motto: "In Your Best Interests"...

Why? Because we are ethical and will only do the right thing by you, but also we want You to be a success out there, and that is what sells our Bushtracker vans. 134 Owners (since we started counting about 5 years ago) have come back for second new Bushtracker, updating their layout to suit their current Lifestyle or upgrading to our latest technology and innovations.. We look after our Owners forever, because it is the right thing to do ethically and in Business.

We spend a great deal of time, weeks and months, looking after you in the design process. We will NOT let you do anything that could be detrimental to your health and safety. If you have an idea that has disadvantages, we will not do it UNTIL we are sure you understand what the disadvantages really are, then you can proceed against our advice unless of course it involves health and safety or compromise the strength and integrity of the Bushtracker. We are going to estimate the size and weight of the van all the way through, and we are NOT going to let you overload your tow vehicle in any way that could be unsafe or illegal.

Trust me, there are a lot (most) that would just take your money and pander to you and patronize you, and tell you what they think you want to hear. That is not us. I can assure you, right here in Public, that you are in good hands with my Staff at Bushtracker.. Have no fear or trepidation, we will tell you if you are putting a foot wrong in any way.. Wink

I can also guarantee you will be impressed with the Tour at Bushtracker. No body builds to our quality. Others build silly things for Sales Gimmicks, like plastic non-repairable boxes for the structure of the van. Yes we have the option of fibreglass but it is still over our frame and is totally repairable. You will see the strongest frame in the industry, the best and strongest suspensions in the Industry, your investment is secure with Bushtracker, going 20 years now..

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director
peripatetic

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
I just want to say this.

I research the crap out of everything before I make a purchasing decision.

So how do you make a decision on which off road van to purchase?

And, in an unregulated industry how do you mitigate the purchasing risk ?

This is what I did:

1. What feedback do current owners provide? There will always be good reviews, but what about the not so good ones? Google xyx caravan problems.
2. Look at the owners feedback and ask yourself, is their advice based on knowledge or something else. Just take a look at the promotional videos used by some manufacturers, it’s a joke.
3. Does the supplier present their product as a ‘blemish free polished toy’ or as something viewed through the lens of lessons learnt in covering the hard yards?
4. Do you trust / believe what you’re hearing from the manufacturer, does it add up, where are the artefacts that demonstrably support what you ae hearing?
5. If you were to ask for something silly, would they say no probs and take the cash, or would they say, hey I’m not sure about this let’s have a chat. And then maybe say ‘no’, for these reasons.
6. Would they say great van, but if you’re going to use it for real, i.e. live in it, the warranty is reduced to 6 months.
7. Would you think that even if it out of warranty, the manufacturer would resolve a foundational issue?
8. Do you feel a little angst at paying top $ for something but are reassured by knowing that depreciation $’s are limited. As history shows.
9. When you at a show looking at the vans, is it the heavy sell, can I have your order now sort of thing, or take look, ask any questions, I’m here to help, feel the quality …..

And then the acid test, do you feel comfortable with your bushtracker purchasing decision?

I do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: