NEW CONCEPT VAN: TWO BEDROOM BUSHTRACKER LAND YACHT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT SELECTION FOR NEW VANS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: NEW CONCEPT VAN: TWO BEDROOM BUSHTRACKER LAND YACHT Reply with quote

There are four Topics in this Category on the new innovations I will be testing, new gear, but this is also a new layout concept with a bedroom in the back and a privacy door, and its own enviornmental controls... Also the first pictures of the new Yacht Interior, High Gloss solid Tasmanian Oak table, and individual curved pillowed leather lounge... Opposite is solid Tassie Oak benchtops in the same High Gloss two pack finish...

Through the door and you have a back bedroom with larger beds...

The flash makes the colours a bit funny... But you can get the idea..

Then looking forward from the door....

High Polish Tasmanian Oak counter tops, and even a 5 setting dishwasher!

And a new Porcelain China Bowl in the ensuite, Vanity on the right just out of the picture..

And a Debut of a new Power Motorized skylight hatch, with a better shade system, and push button activation, over the bed....

Thought you might like a preview... Headed for the Brisbane Show, see more goodies on it there...!!

Kind Regards, stg

Last edited by Bushtracker on Fri May 30, 2008 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kingy

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Well done Steve, looks fantastic. We are heading down to the big smoke next week to have a look around at the van show.
I may have to keep Lyn away from your display so I can keep our BT for a bit longer...
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aawwww,
Have a look, tell me what you think, like "You are Crazy" Laughing Laughing

Seriously, it is waaaaayyy out on the edge.... Ha! Shocked Laughing Regards, stg
Nevian

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all.

Looks like the 'Next G' of Bushtrackers.

You have won us with the new hatch, towel rail, new bonded door and solid table.

Looking forward to viewing next week.
Yogi and Muffin

State:: Victoria
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Tips on OPTIONAL EQIPMENT SELECTION FOR NEW VANS Reply with quote

Hi Steve - guess you liked the info I left you earlier this year about the new hatch Surprised - looks great and we may just have to incorparate that, the towel rail/heater and the table in our own layout. Will still go with white walls though, and still with the rolled laminate benchtops (seeing as I guess granite overlays are out of the question as regards weight!).
Let us know if we would benefit from having 2 legs for our rear table as well please.

Jan (and Tony)
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Yogi Bear,
No offence here, but we build 10-12 vans a month, that is 2-3 a week, and Layouts are going on with 50-60 people right now, we cannot handle layout ideas except in a general form... Shocked Why Question It would hopelessly CLOG up this Forum. Please send your requests through to sales@bushtracker.com so the Layout Boys can take care of it.

In general terms, the table has to be pretty big, like Dining 8' long or longer, for two legs to fit... Like this one in my old van, about 9' long Dinette area and a HUGE table, so long I could put a drawer between the legs of it..

Best Regards, stg
Mitz & Ritz

State:: Western Australia
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
The new van and curved leather lounge looks very good, the separate bunk bed area is a great idea.
What is the length of the van?
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mitz and Ritz, and Welcome to the Bushtracker Forum!

My van is 22' and has a few hundred kilos more gear than most vans with things like the stainless drinking water system and 7 other tanks, double air conditioners and double heaters, and so on.. My van is out of the reach of normal tow vehicles like Landcruiser with a tare close to 3 tons, but not just because of weight.. In fact, even without that gear you are pushing the limits at 22' with Landcruiser sized vehicles should something go wrong at 100 kph on the Hiway.

Please study up on the concepts of wheelbase safety in relation to vans size with regards to leverage on the van in an emergency, in a few places on this Forum. I think it is present in the Category TIPS ON SAFETY WHEN TOWING.. And the Topic is VAN SIZE IN RELATION TO WHEELBASE, SHOCKING PICTURE INCLUDED...

Unless of course you are planning to do it with a larger tow vehicle than a Landcruiser... Then no worries. We are Number One because of our Quality, our Engineering and Features, and Finish, and as reported by our Owners we hold our value more than any other.... But the other reason we are Number One is that we really do try and take care of our Owners with their own best interests at heart. This causes us some grief at times, when it is not what they want to hear. But it is the way we do things and 49 out of 50 appreciate our efforts. We will run with that group...

Regards, stg
Mitz & Ritz

State:: Western Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,
Thank you for allowing me into the forum.
I asked about the length as I wanted to get an idea of size required for a good bunk bed layout, as the concept van looked like a good layout.
After reading the forums and feedback on the 200 series cruiser I'am being swayed towards F-250/350 or Silverado as the far better option towing vehicle.

Regards
Mitz&Ritz
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have built very successful layouts with bunks, in as small as 19' that worked really well... Maybe get into the system, and go through the Coaching FIRST to pick and choose to determine what suits you the best, with an informed outlook as to pros and cons. And then decide on a tow vehicle. We will not try and guide you, more like inform and expose you to the pluses and minuses, innovations and alternatives; to better equip you to choose what works the best for your own circumstances and Lifestyle. Maybe go to WHAT SIZE OR TYPE OF BUSHTRACKER and read the Topic FOUR MOST COMMON MISTAKES MADE IN PLANNING FOR A BUSHTRACKER

You may not and probably will not, need to go as large as my van to accomplish your aims. In truth, you may only need to go to the "sweet spot" that Owners stick with in 19-21', and that is WELL WITHIN the capabilities of Landcruiser. And there is an alternative to the 200 Series, that I argue is more capable and reliable for half the money, in the TIPS ON TOW VEHICLES SECTION and the Topis is REBIRTH OF THE SUPER CRUISER... Have a read of that, it might help you along. My advice is ALWAYS without predudice. I current own all the top tow vehicles, this precludes the human nature of talking up the type you own. Out to dinner? The 200 Series GXL is a magic luxury car. Out in search of Lassiters Lost Mine? You can bet your bippy I will take my Super Cruiser, that is an extremely upgraded and rebuilt 100 Series, tougher than new and no computers on board... Have a read about it and feel free to argue, make comments, or tell me I am crazy.. Laughing

I would still say get the van size settled first, you will have plenty of time to sort out the tow vehicle...

In your best interests, stg
Hubbards

State:: tas
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

stop posting this gear ! now need one with 2 rooms for the kids

how long will it take to get a new van from scratch ??? we will keep our 21 up until then .

This 2 room layout is ideal for people with kids with the door in that position.

I suppose it is possible to get a seperate dunny / shower if you are at 22-23 ??

T
I do not want to bog down the Forum with the months of Coaching on individual project development, or the goodies would be lost here; as we drown in exploring all the possibilities in personal innovations on layout development. Please direct this to sales@bushtracker.com Also, if you are sure of this route, as we are Booking Orders for next year, please tell me and I will put (Withdrawn from Sale) on your sales Posting in this Forum... Talk with you at Bushtracker where we can get into the possibilities, and refresh my memory as to your tow vehicle as well.. Kind Regards, Ranger
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the new Innovations making a Debut this year was the idea of solid Tasmanian Oak tables and benchtops...

Now I do not live in my van, however, I travel with two Teenage Girls, and they are probably about as hard on equipment as you can get!!!

Anyway, five month later, about 6 trips, maybe 7, longest was almost two weeks at the NRHA Nationals in Tamworth.... And this is what the polished Tas Oak looks like at night to highlight scratches:

Here is an angle shot, all lights on, and flash to show tiny scratches and nicks..

Yes there are fine scratches all over, and few deeper dings and scratches, but to me that adds a sense of realism... Sort of like "Antiqued Leather"...

No worries to me... Wink
I still think it adds a lot of warmth and realism, solid timber and leather..

Some people might think it is too much polished wood, not me, and I love the real materials mix with leather... Wink
Gets my thumbs up.
Cheers, stg
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is it, THIS VAN IS FOR SALE I have to give up on the smaller Gooseneck horsefloat idea. I am going to have to cut down my Mack 4x4 Chassis length, and doing a really BIG Gooseneck. Rolling Eyes It will involve shortening the Mack chassis, to put a turntable on it making it a 4x4 Dual Cab Prime Mover, 24 ton GCM. This would make my King Ranch F-350 and my 22’ Bushtracker redundant. My idea of a gooseneck for the F-350 is being abandoned due to air brakes and problems trying to do it large enough for the Lifestyle and horses combined. I need a home away from home plus horse accommodations and it is just too big for the F-350.

22' Bushtracker, 2008, Equipped over the top. Possibly an interesting option for Family or two couples, and Ford, Dodge, Chev , Truck, or larger only. As you can see in the pictures, this van is a Yacht Berth up front, very large lounge to seat 5 or more, and two bunks in a separate bedroom in the back. It is suitable for a Family or two couples, and only then with a larger tow vehicle.. OK..? This IS currently the most well equipped Bushtracker ever built, and it is now For Sale, in the Pre-Loved Bushtrackers For Sale Category.
This van is overly well equipped, and heavy, around 2900 kg Tare, as it has the extremes of equipment like not only Roof Top air conditioning, but also a second ac unit in the back bedroom. Both reverse cycle heat and air, and an Eberspacher diesel heater, one front and rear, and 8 water tanks. I mean extremely well equipped. This was the feature van for the Brisbane Show, Auto Deploy Satellite Dish, Flat Screen TV, leather and the best of everything. Just about everything we offer and more… Stainless roll out BBQ, more unique features than just about any Bushtracker ever built. But again, this is only suitable for a Family with large tow vehicle.

There are a lot of other features not normally seen in a Bushtracker like Stainless BBQ rolling out of locker...

And a new mobile dishwasher...

Best Regards from the "road Ranger"
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
There She goes, with her happy new Owner....
Nice looking combination that matching white Silverado..

His first comments from towing it, "Wow, tows like a dream" or words to that effect.

Gone..... Sad
greentribe

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Ipod, mpeg, stereo, internet Reply with quote

Steve,
FYI...I think this is he most attractive finish combination I have seen in any of the forums.
If you travel with 2 teenage daughters in this van, what are you/they doing for audio entertainment? Do you find that as teenagers they are "headphone in" all the time? And as such do you now have a redundant built in stereo?
We are a very "Ipod enabled" family, and I am just wondering what TV/computer/audio setup I should be looking at, if any, given the speed at which personal email/music/music/movies/games is currently going.
Mum of GreenTribe Question
greentribe

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Solid Timber Reply with quote

Steve,
is there a weight issue with the solid wood?
I love the finish combination in this van and would love to use in my van, but I also want to minimise weight.
Mum of GreenTribe
AJ and LJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question Greentribe! I often wonder if all timber cupboards etc. ,,,bar.. a feature ,,,,could be made of Alloy with painted timber effect to save on weight. I for one want quality construction and gear and feel timber in a new age van is not practical as far as weight is concerned.(I know I will cop flack over this comment Smile But I might be wrong on the weight factor,mabee Steve at BT could tell us on this ??. AJ.
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expence is an issue, with the polished timber tops...
weight is not much if any..

Possibly maintenance long term is an issue,
But not weight.

It is about love, the Artform of Life, and we only go around once in this world. If you love the Yacht Look as I do, then call into the Office for costs on your particular Lifestyle...

As to Ipod stuff, I caught them early and taught them about the Bush and fires and horses and all the good stuff. They are now into Ipods, but they may remember, and come back to the Real World... Wink

I can only hope.... Right now, I am still living the Legend, but I am the lone Ranger. I have lost them all to the easy and lazy life in the City.

Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT SELECTION FOR NEW VANS All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: