How many potable tanks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishvan

State:: Qld
Current Bushtracker owner:: Ordered
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: How many potable tanks? Reply with quote

Hi all, first post off the rank, we just spent a day at Bushtracker discussing layouts and colours and such, we just are stuck on a thing. It's going to be 19 foot, lived in full time, fishing and remote, possibly on the coast at times. How many potable water tanks do most people have. We are getting the sterilisation unit as well, do people find one drinking water tank enough?
Ajay and Fletch

State:: Vic
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'dat Fishvan,

we have had our 20' BT for 6 years now and have travelled remotely each year, sometimes for weeks at a time. We have 1 potable tank and 3 others. We have found that the potable tank will last for weeks without a top up. We fill the tank before we leave home and a couple of times not topped up at all for 3 months. For us, 1 potable tank is plenty. Good luck with your choices and take heed of the advice from the folk at BT, they know their stuff.

Regards ...
Knightriders

State:: WA
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find one potable tank would be fine. You said that you are getting the water purifier, so you can top up your drinking water from any water source. I have 5 water tanks (1 potable) and find it works for me. I have never run my potable tank dry, as I top it up every week or so but would say it should last me a few weeks before it runs out.
Brutus

State:: Victoria
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one potable & four non potable in my 20 foot BT. Never had a problem with running out of drinking water. I actually fill the potable tank with bulk Spring Water. It is cheap, pure & available in every grocery store in the country. I also keep a few containers in the tug to make sure I am always topped up.

Cheers,
Richard
tweedledee and tweedledum

State:: New South Wales
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi we have 2 potable & 4 non potable and find that the plenty

If we had a new van 1 potable would be sufficient

Last edited by tweedledee and tweedledum on Thu May 17, 2018 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
datama

State:: WA
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fishvan,
In a way, it’s an open-ended but good question to ask at your design stage, as it depends on where you go, for how long and how many people will use the fresh water and your access to any decent water sources.

We ordered our 20’ BT with 2 potable and 3 non potable tanks and have not regretted that decision, but we are away in isolated areas for several weeks and “our general areas of travel” in WA are somewhat lacking in water supplies, unlike the east coast and sectors of the north. And although we have the water filtration system, when there is no water around, we are glad we have the 2 potable tanks as we have regulary used at least some of the second tank after 3 weeks. Also, the cook uses potable water for some cooking.
But then it depends on what you are towing your 19’ with, keeping in mind an extra 90 litre tank means an extra 90 Kgs plus the weigh of the tank.
So that’s another aspect, but as Ajay commented, discuss with the BT staff for your specific requirements.

All the best with you choices and new home!!

Regards,
Dave
Fishvan

State:: Qld
Current Bushtracker owner:: Ordered
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you all, will probably go with the 1 potable tank in the end, appreciate the feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: