VALE THE TIMBER FINISH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bufjog

State:: WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: VALE THE TIMBER FINISH Reply with quote

I note with some sadness that the "timeless timber "option for interiors is no longer available. I understand that the Neo Oak paneling is no longer in production, but it appears that the Tassie Oak doors and drawers have also been discontinued. I could live with white walls and ceiling if the austere look was broken up with the Tassie Oak furniture, in fact it would look quite smart. Bushtracker have the well earned reputation of building the best caravan on the market, but following the mob with the "modern interior " is in my opinion a mistake. Sure, have it as an option for those who like it, but to discontinue the timber look entirely is very disappointing. Bushtracker are a stand out caravan and that includes the interior finish. Somewhere along the way it has lost that "special " appeal in my opinion. Bring back our beloved Tassie Oak furniture PLEASE!
Condinup

State:: WA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree.
The white mixed with the timber was very smart and retained the quality and appeal of the Bushtracker product.
it is a shame to have it now lost into the pack of the all plastic gloss normality.
I guess things change but its not for me and I haven't purchased a new van because of it.
Regards
Mg
Bufjog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condinup wrote:
Yes, I agree.
The white mixed with the timber was very smart and retained the quality and appeal of the Bushtracker product.
it is a shame to have it now lost into the pack of the all plastic gloss normality.
I guess things change but its not for me and I haven't purchased a new van because of it.
Regards
Mg

Me too Mg, although I'm quite content with my 2012 20ft. I have prospective buyers look through my van and want one with exactly the same finish and furniture. Bushtracker have always forged their own path with great success, but to follow the bunch because it happens to be trendy deviates from their normal MO. They are not "unique "any longer. Sad!
Pete & Kerrie

State:: nsw
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very glad we don't need to upgrade from our 20 foot from 2014 with the original wood finishes. The cold, sterile, plastic, modern finish holds no attraction for us.

"The Night Owls"
2014 BT 20ft, 2002 Landcruiser 100
Joshua
Site Admin

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject: Timber interior Reply with quote

It's true that Bushtracker no longer offers Tasmanian Oak door faces, but we still offer genuine timber highlights. For example, you can choose Blackbutt Timber bench tops.

We moved away from Tasmanian oak doors to reduce tare weight. The lightweight ply we use is extremely durable, and we were able to decrease the wasted spacing between doors because the new style doors don't warp over time with moisture and heat. See below examples.

Cassie

State:: Queensland
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject: Oak Reply with quote

My Tassie oak van’s
value has just gone up
Bufjog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally after numerous searches I have found the combination that really hits the spot - A NEW LOOK, HYBRID "TIMELESS TIMBER" AND "MOD
I still think the Neo Oak with Tassie Oak is the best, but this combination is an excellent compromise considering the Neo Oak is no longer produced.
Steve chose this for one of his vans in 2015 and I think it was an excellent choice. Is there any chance this combination could be available for the purists?
It would put the Bushtracker interior head and shoulders above the rest, as has always been the case. Again, my opinion, but every "new "van you walk into has the same sterile interior finish. Bushtracker need to make theirs "unique " again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> GENERAL DISCUSSION All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: