PRE-PURCHASE INSPECTIONS/ REPORT AND EXTENDING WARRANTY?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips On Buying SECOND HAND BUSHTRACKERS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION WITH 10,000 OR 25,000 KM SERVICE?
No, we will do it ourselves and take our chances
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Yes, absolutely, what a great idea for peace of mind on our purchase
96%
 96%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 56

Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: PRE-PURCHASE INSPECTIONS/ REPORT AND EXTENDING WARRANTY? Reply with quote

To give you peace of mind in the purchase of a second hand Bushtracker,
we will offer a pre-purchase inspection if you Book the van in for a 10,000 km service. In some conditions, not in the bulldust, not off road, and not overloaded, the Serice Interval could be extended to 25,000 kms. But there still should be an initial 10,000 km Serice including:

10,000 km Service Includes
Remove, Clean, Inspect, and Repack bearings in new grease, and adjust Bearings of course..
New Hub Seals
Inspect and adjust brakes,
Inspect and adjust Handbrake,
Test Electric brakes,
Grease Coupling
Check backing plate bolts
Inspect Suspension
Inspect Pivot blocks,
Inspect / adjust Wheel alignment.
General Overall Inspection under the van.
Torque Wheel nuts to the proper settings.

Cost is $595 plus any other parts as discovered..

For a Pre-purchase Inspection,We will inspect all the other gear in the van including:

Windows, winders, and locks,
Doors and locks,
Batteries and condition and load testing,
Charger function and output,
Solar Regulator output and function,
Solar Panels, individual panel output,
240v system and safety device RCD's,
Circuit Breakers and fuses,
Appliances, fridge/freezer, AC,
Hitch, A-frame girder strap,
Cabinet Door locks,
Lights, pumps,
and general condition of the Bushtracker,
With a written report on findings, $350

If there is original Warranty left, and we do both the Service and Pre-purchase inspection, we will offer a Warranty Transfer to the new Owners for the sum of:

Balance of 2 years or less oN Warranty if van is relatively new, $1500
Balance of 1 year remaining or less on original Warranty $750

Exclusions will be appliances that have their own warranties or that have run out, Suspensions, and batteries (Unless of course we replace them)... And anything we cannot see on visual inspection of course...

I hope this is a help... Vote on the Poll

Last edited by Bushtracker on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wherrol

State:: Qld
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Great Idea Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Great idea Steve. We live in Queensland and it would be a re-assurance to those who wish to our second hand BT - if/when we can ever part with 'her'.

Steve, what about the folk with more than 25,000km on the van? Obviously no warranty would be involved, but a pre-inspection would be great.

Have sold second hand cars with NRMA or RACQ inspection and each time the cars were sold very quickly.

Cheers

Allan and Sharon
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warranty is not kms... I don't know where you got that idea... It is just that you first should get a 10,000 Service, and the 25,000 after that is only if you have not been into severe duty like corrugation and bulldust and off-road and through rivers... OK with that?

Warranty is time, not kms... Cheers, stg
B and F

State:: NSW
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all - Yes, think it's a brilliant idea with the "warranty" and sorry, I don't know how to "vote"...... dumb with computers I guess.

Dreaming about SKI-ing in the not too distant future....
B and F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay okay, just went back to the top... and now see how to vote. Dahh.

Dreaming about SKI-ing in the not too distant future....
Dame & Ang

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

why do you not transfer the warranty? How does this disadvantage Bushtracker? why should it make any difference? This sounds absurd?
Damien
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe if it was a perfect world your viewpoint would have merit. But it is not a perfect world. We have people that are just off on a Sabatical, or just out here for just a year, or don't listen to our advice and drive too hard and too fast and don't let the tyre pressure down and some flog the living HELL out of their Bushtracker. Some do not let tyre pressure down, break all of our advice, run batteries too hard, abuse equipment, drive too fast, drive to float their vehicle on the corrugation beating the living daylights out of the van, and then try and blame it all on Bushtracker. Luckily rare, but it does happen, some out of abuse, some out of neglect, some out of ignorance... We will not cover warranty on intentional abuse or neglect, it states it right on the paperwork.

Example:
We had one fellow with an F-250 up in the Cape, unknowingly (supposedly) beating heck right out of his Bushtracker. He met up with another Bushtracker Owner with a rave about how his fridge and shelves were breaking, cabinet hinges breaking, batteries beat to death even fracturing a case, charger thrashed, his microwave smashed off its mounts, that sort of thing...
The Owner ask him "how fast were you going down the bad corrugation on the west road from Weipa?" The first Owners answer: "Oh about 80 kms per hour, fast enough for airbag suspension on the Effie to smooth out the ride"... (Should have been half of that at best)

Next question was: "Good God" (or words to that effect) "What tyre pressure were you running on the Bushtracker?" The answer was something like: "How the hell should I know, I haven't checked it since I picked up the van at the Factory"...... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Now that Owner did thousands of dollars worth of damage. The other Owner clued him in and gave him a bit of enlightenment on basic care per our advice... He slowed right down and went on per the guidelines and after rectifications at Bushtracker, he drove sensibly from then on and we have had no problems with him for years after that.. But he could have just as easily sold the van and the next Owner come in with a long list of fixes required on "Warranty"....

The point is, we deal with warranty with the Original Owner, and how that person treats the van, based on the track record we have with them. We are not going to extend warranty to a new Owner who may be buying a van that has been abused when we have a long track record of history with the original Owner beating it up. Luckily this is a relatively rare situation, so we are going to offer this extension of warranty, but only on the guidelines listed above, after our service and inspection of the Bushtracker here.

I mean we really get the odd Character now and then. I had one hard traveller come in that wanted a bearing Service. I enquired as to how long it had been, and he said he had done about 80,000 kms WITHOUT SERVICE only tightening up the bearings Castle Nut. I told him he was already very lucky to have gotten that far without siezing a bearing or snapping an axle stub, and there was a 95% chance the bearing were ruined (like for sure).... And he would need a full replacement set and we would not open it up unless he was willing to replace them as we could not put bad bearings back in. He proceed to decline the service and take it away... Shocked Shocked Get the picture Damien?

I do not want to extend warranty automatically because in many cases we would be left holding the bag for abuse, neglect, and so on...

Warranty extension will only be done by the guidelines listed above. I have given the exact sort of examples that have happened, names removed... Now you know the nitty gritty of why.. OK?

Regards, Ranger....
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This van came in for some routine Service....

It is an 18', about 6 years old, and on our inspection we noticed that the hitch had an original AT-35 with the smaller 1/2" pin in the pivot point.

This hitch was upgraded to a 5/8" pin in all subsequent models, and somehow these Owners did not get the upgrade done.. It was in fact broken. If you have one of these early hitches, inspect it for the size of the pin, it should be 5/8"....

Luckily the Owners came in for a Service and on our Inspection we picked it up.

Read about the Hitch Evolution and Upgrades in the TIPS ON UPGRADING SECOND HAND BUSHTRACKER... There is a heavier version of this hitch available, in a six bolt configuration, and a new hitch coming that is even better and easier to hook up..

Looking out for you, road Ranger
Jeff&Narelle@Alice

State:: NT
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Service and Inspection Reply with quote

Thanks to the crew at Bushtracker

Got back to Alice Springs yesterday after buying my second, second-hand BT. Had the service and pre-purchase inspection carried out by Bushtracker and I'm extreamly impressed with the committment that Steve and all the staff have towards their product, regardless as to whether you purchase new or second-hand.

Thanks again Smile
Jeff
leeroy

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giday
how would i go about getting a pre-purchase inspection done on a 2nd hand bushtracker
thanks leeroy
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leeroy,
You would have to call the Office and Book it into the Schedule... Of course it is only done at Bushtracker, so you and the Owner would have to agree to the Delivery and the costs per above...

Cheers, Steven Gibbs, Director
BruDee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Pre-purchase Inspection Reply with quote

Could you let us know where Pre-Purchase Inspections can be arranged for in N.S.W and Vic.?

thank you

Bruno and Dee
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per the above post...

Sorry, only done at Bushtracker...

Kind regards,
Steven Gibbs, Director, Bushtracker
aubs

State:: QLD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic post and suggestion, When I sell a car it has a dealer service which is given to the buyer along with the roadworthy cert.

If I sold my BT it would have been treated as above so the new owner has no combacks if they abuse the vehicle then try and blame me.

So thats a YES vote
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips On Buying SECOND HAND BUSHTRACKERS All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: