KIMBERLIES REPORT, 12,500 KMS OF THE WORST...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> TRAVEL LOGS AND BUSHTRACKERS IN ACTION PICTURE GALLERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: KIMBERLIES REPORT, 12,500 KMS OF THE WORST... Reply with quote

XXXX XXXXXX Writes:

Have just returned from 3 months touring the Kimberley area and had a fantastic time. Did Karijini, Duncan Road, Bungles, Gibb, Mitchell Falls, Kalumburu and further and then Dampier Peninsula almost up to Cape Leveque with the van. Some really bad roads off the Gibb which itself was in good condition. I think we couldn't have been far behind the grader!

The van performed brilliantly - took it easy with tyres at 25 and the only problems were one broken drawer latch and the retaining screw coming out of the winding handle on the ensuite vent. Found the handle on the floor but of course the screw had to go down the drain hole!
Pretty minor stuff in a 12,500 km trip over some of the worst roads I've been on. One tough caravan!

Back in civilization - Downtown Marble Bar

Regards

XXXX XXXXX
jonesymate7

State:: Qld
Current Bushtracker owner:: No
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: First time blog/reply for advice Reply with quote

Hi mate, I basically want a van that will go where you've just said you've gone however want the mrs and i comfy in a double/queen and 2 kids in bunks.....no doubt this is the start of much study before 30th March 2012 but need to identify van I won't destroy and able to tow behind 4.2 Nissan TD 2004 model with 150k on clock and boat on roof rack.....? Where do I start ???? All advice welcome thanks...Mick (jonesymate7)
remarkables

State:: NZ
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mick

Our first move was a factory visit to Bushtracker, I suggest you start with that. Our next move is a scheduled September delivery 2010.

Then off to Perth

Queenstown
New Zealand

We won't bore you with our travel details but if you wish to bore yourself the address is

https://www.polarsteps.com/BruceCunningham/653789-alice-springs?s=ABC84A27-2B96-40BE-9D0D-389851F10D92
Grumblebum and the Dragon

State:: Qld/NSW
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick,
The factory visit as recommended is an excellent start. Certainly your vehicle wont be an issue. We tow with a well equipped 2000 model 100 Series LC and it has never missed a beat and we have been on the long paddock full time for five years.

A Bushtracker will take you where you want to go - just learn how to set it up properly get the right tyre pressures for the conditions and away you go.

We have just done a section of the Gunbarrel Highway from Carnegie Station to the Heather Highway near Warburton in the Gibson Desert of WA. This track has not been graded since 1986, our Bt handled it well with no damage. This trip made the Gibb River Road look like a Sunday afternoon drive.

More importanly at the end of the day when you opened the van door - everything was exactly as you had left it in the morning and NO DUST!

John

Grumpy? Whose's grumpy - not the Dragon!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> TRAVEL LOGS AND BUSHTRACKERS IN ACTION PICTURE GALLERY All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: