OLDER BUSHTRACKERS GETTING MAJOR RENOVATIONS...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Upgrading Second Hand Bushtracker Vans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: OLDER BUSHTRACKERS GETTING MAJOR RENOVATIONS... Reply with quote

Hello Bushtracker Friends,

Wow, we are getting older... As the Bushtrackers get older, some of the renovations are getting more cost effective. I mean we seem to be getting requests for larger and larger renovations.

The normal upgrades are new refrigeration, new solar regulators, new battery chargers, the new 4140 tool steel axles, sometimes all new brakes and backing plates. Now and then some are getting full electrical system upgrades to Lithium batteries and the new BMS and protective systems and monitoring..

But another trend is emerging, expensive but still good value in an older Bushtracker that is in good condition: Major layout renovations... This one is 19 years old, and is getting a new ensuite where there was a fridge before and no ensuite... We have wrecked it out to the basics and will start re-building.. The Bushtracker is in good condition for almost 20 years old, so why not?

We can rebuild that area, and they will be getting a new combined ensuite in a Bushtracker that did not have one before..

They are getting a new fridge up in the forward part of the kitchen where you see that TV. It will be moved to a new location and a new fridge/freezer installed there...

Older Bushtrackers are sometimes quite inexpensive as compared to new. I think the trend is larger and larger renovations are going to start being more common IMO. Some People are spending $10,000 to $20,000 in upgrades and renovations. One spent over $30,000, and the record is just over $40,000 in electrical and equipment and layout modifications so far.

Just food for thought, for those of you that want the best Offroad Caravan in Australia, but are challenged to afford new..... And some just love their existing vans and want to keep them but get them upgraded.. Idea

Kind regards, Steven Gibbs, Director
niknoff

State:: WA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes complete sense to me.
07' 19' BushTracker
2015 VX 200, 3800kg GVM Upgrade
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Thank you for the positive feedback Mick....

Some of the older vans are being bought cheap enough, they can afford to do big renovations and still be half of new costs. I mean add it up: If one is bought for say $40,000, they can do new renovations, new solar, new regulator, new batteries, new battery charger, new upgraded suspension in 4140 tool steel 60 ton tensile axles, new springs, new refrigeration, new air conditioning, and the rest.... I mean all functional gear and renovations would be hard to get to $30,000, and they have a functionally new Bushtracker for what, under $70,000 ?? Wink

Here are some more pictures of this one in process... The wall opening is framed out for the cassette toilet, and the new combined shower is now framed in.

Kind regards from the Director, Bushtracker, half a Horseman...

More to come as I have it..

Rosiebear

State:: Qld
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes dammed good sense, just wish I could convince the missus, although she has decided that a single bed conversion makes sense, because not everyone is 6" tall, so booked in for that mod in October, and after whinging about the cost of the 400 ah lithium install last year, she is very happy with the additional power, also happy with the new fridge I installed, but she is resisting a new A/c, but might be happy for a diesel heater install. Personally I would like to do the rear bathroom modification, but I cant see that happening for a while, have to come up with a new valid argument .
0417 007298
niknoff

State:: WA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Steve as you say makes sense. I have upgraded our 11 year old 19’ van over the years with extra solar, Sat Dish, batteries, fridge, stove, toilet, Vickie is starting to mention In Built Washing Machine as opposed to the Lemair that I lift out from under the bed each time it’s required. That and a grey water tank and an inverter fitted with an internal power outlet for the coffee machine, perhaps some curtain and lounge material upgrade and that will do us.
07' 19' BushTracker
2015 VX 200, 3800kg GVM Upgrade
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mick,

Yes, I am just stating what is happening, it is becoming quite affordable to upgrade older vans for the People that cannot quite make the new Market so to speak... They can have all the functional bits upgraded, as budget will allow. Some going as high as $30,000 with major renovations..

This one is no where near that, but still pretty large.

The Shower toilet area is coming around to finish.... Here shown with the sink and storage lockers glassed in...

And here we are wrecking out the area to build new cabinetry and top and bottom venting for the new fridge/freezer location...

Regards to all... Steven Gibbs
Jusel

State:: NSW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interested in getting some work done on our 2004 19ft family van. Who do i need to contact to get some idea on pricing etc?

Thanks
Justin
Rosiebear

State:: Qld
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this Reno stuff is going to become a growth industry all its own.

Steve you might have to buy that block next door and put up another shed just for reno’s.
0417 007298
Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far,
the new Shed across the street for Insurance, is also for the major renovations.
With four Bushtracker Factory buildings, there is a limit to how large we want to go. But if one comes up for sale, we will consider it.

The shower/toilet combination is coming right along, and the housing structure for the new fridge is also nearly complete:

Bushtracker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here She is, nearing finish....

Full ensuite is in, water tight linen and meds lockers..

New fridge/freezer is in, cabinetry and bulkhead to make it look original...

Not going to look other than original to most eyes.... Only with 20 year newer equipment... !!!

Kind regards, Director, Bushtracker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Upgrading Second Hand Bushtracker Vans All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: