TOYOTA TO FORD, DEALERSHIP PARTS CAN BE GOTTEN AT 40% OFF...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on TOW VEHICLES
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: TOYOTA TO FORD, DEALERSHIP PARTS CAN BE GOTTEN AT 40% OFF... Reply with quote

Hello Friends..

Here is a perspective you should take on board, so you don't throw out the baby with the bath water... A bit of practical wisdom from the lone Ranger...

Toyota Dealers are apples and oranges, being a Franchise, do not judge them all by the colour of one that over charges... Example, all the local Dealers up here, wanted between $11,000 and $13,000 for a new long 1HZ diesel motor complete to injectors. In the 4x4 Trader I found Lane Toyota advertizing parts at about 40% of the local Dealer prices, and bought the motor for $7200. With freight to Queensland it only came to $7500...

In all Dealers, there are Wholesale Suppliers that will beat the local Dealers for parts.. As in Lane Toyota www.lanetoyota.com.au or call them on (03) 8544-2222, for something big- the Manager for parts is Aaron, tell him I sent you.... Not just motors, but wheel bearings to brake pads, they beat the local Dealers by a large margin and Postage or Freight is only a fraction...

Even in Fords, the local dealers that wanted $2300 for an alternator that we got shipped in from Fords Fleet Service Wholesale supplier from America for something around $200 from memory!! Shocked ... Or the $7500 frontend rebuild quote from a Dealer we got done for $2300... For Fords go to www.powerstrokeshop.com and see the same parts for a fraction of the price.... And even from America the parts are only about 3 days by airmail. I got a CPS for $100 in the days when the local Ford Dealer thought they could charge me $479, and now the PowerStroke Shop has them for something like $29 these days....

Before you get mistreated by one greedy poorly run Franchise, get a quote and if it seems high: You can still get good Service from a larger parent company. Lane Toyota does over $10 Million in parts a year, call them for your needs just for example. There are some large Fleet Service type National Distributors that sell the same parts far cheaper than the local Dealers. It is worth the Shopping.

Here tryin ta look afta ya, 24/7..... lone Ranger out scouting, does this for sport and lifestyle.... Wink
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Owner has requested an outlet for Ford parts in the U.S.
Here is a current situation:

When I was ordering, I would call a major city Ford Dealer in a State like Texas that had no sales tax.. I no longer do this, as I have a newer Ford and a good relationship with American Imports in Melbourne. However, I used to set up a relationship with the Manager of a major Dealer, with my credit card, and stress the need for AIR MAIL or it is lost by ship for months..

Here is a recommendation off of a Ford Forum:

What happened to Powerstrokeshop.com????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their website says they not taking any new orders after March, 2011.

I found them to be a good source of parts at a reasonable price.

Anybody got suggestions of who else to try for parts now, other than the local dealership?

Thanks

Tousley Ford. Ford factory parts for 10% over dealership cost. Can't beat that.
Good bunch of guys that know their stuff to boot.
800-328-9552
or
Tousley Ford Parts Depot for the most common parts

Every Ford part I have purchased since I bought my truck last September has been from them.

I cannot give any further current recommendations, but you might give this one a try... Regards, Steven Gibbs, Admin.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on TOW VEHICLES All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: