NEW TANK TECHNOLOGY IN STAINLESS AND IN POLYETHYLENE, what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT SELECTION FOR NEW VANS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: NEW TANK TECHNOLOGY IN STAINLESS AND IN POLYETHYLENE, what? Reply with quote

This is more brand new technology from the main innovators in Off-Road Caravans for the past 13 years... Bushtracker. These are originals, as we are pushing the envelope out to new areas with these new designs...

Stainless tanks were always a no-no in the Outback, but it always bothered me so over the past year I have finalized a solution over the past year. Stainless tanks always flexed on the corrugation, and the temper was changed at the but weld where the tanks seam was welded (TIG welding) and it work harded and failed with a crack on that butt seam...

Well, we found a solution: The seams are all lapped, like make a fist and cup the other hand over and TIG weld at the end of the lap. This solves the seam cracking. Then to minimize stress we have put in a large baffle system and so that the weld does not weaken it there, we plug welded it. Plug welding is a drilled hole weld job... The first prototypes were put on my Mack 4x4 Horse truck for testing, and the three tanks looked like this:

Now these prototypes have been a success, so here is the first of its kind in the front of the Show Van... 120 Litres pressure filled, tasteless pure drinking water out of stainless. I am loving it...! I will fill it with sterilized and filtered rainwater. Razz Cool

These stainless tanks may be an Option, but this one is so good it will become a STANDARD

It is in front of our new Polyethylene strong wall interlocking tanks:

These are super strong polyethylene interlocking tanks for strength, to give you an idea of how strong here is the sawn section for R&D

This van has the split independent water systems that Bushtracker invented years ago for caravans, drinking water and washing water, with separate pumps, fillers, tanks, and plumbing. It was designed to stretch your good drinking water for a length of time, while filling up from any other non-drinking water source for showers and washing up... In this case 120 litres just for drinking water could last up to two months in my van.

Bushtracker is always there to push the envelope of innovations in this Lifestyle of Independence, Luxury, and Self-Sufficiency...

And a present to all of you Bushtracker Owners in the Production Schedule, these new heavy wall polyethylene tanks are now STANDARD EQUIPMENT, you get the best ! And F.O.C. Courtesy da lone Ranger...

Best Regards .... Out there living it 24/7
Bushtracker
Site Admin

State:: Queensland
Current Bushtracker owner:: Yes
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These tanks will all pressure fill with snap on fittings... No more slow gravity fill and wasted water in drought areas.. My own 22' van will have 7 non-potable water tanks and the stainless drinking water tank. The pressure fill system will have selectors, so I don't have to run around with 7 tanks full, I can select which ones to fill like this:

And of course there is a separate pressure fill fitting for the stainless drinking water tank.. Cheers, stg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bushtracker Forum Forum Index -> Tips on OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT SELECTION FOR NEW VANS All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: